Author Topic: Doors and objects - highlight and make them simpler to click  (Read 1500 times)

gerahmurov

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Doors and objects - highlight and make them simpler to click
« on: January 06, 2016, 10:01:20 am »
Please highlight doors and objects when pressing TAB - some doors a really hard to find (like the door to Doctor in the Foundry).

Objects can be also hard to spot on my 2560x1440 monitor. When near the wall with Ears or near Fishing rods usually pixel-hunting happens.

Also please make separate masks for clicking for small objects or lattice doors and ladders - currently you should point exactly at the part of the door or thin ladder, not just at the place with the door - it's very easy to misclick.

Jazhara7

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Doors and objects - highlight and make them simpler to click
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 12:35:36 am »
I second this suggestion. For a while I didn't realise Rail Crossing had a medical trader, because I didn't realise there was a door there. And that one is one of the easier ones.

My boyfriend also has big troubles finding doors. He really likes the game, but he gets frustrated again and again by it, because he often can't find the doors, especially in areas that have more complex wall designs, but with damages. The current one is the institute of Tchort west wing - he was stuck because he couldn't find one of the doors.  :(

This really is something that should be adressed in order to prevent headaches among players.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 09:51:47 am »
I agree too.

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 09:07:25 pm »
i will take visibility of doors/clickable objects into account when designing them in the future. Thanks for the feedback, we will look into the current issue as well and see if we find a solution that fits our style and time constraints.