Author Topic: Crafting thread  (Read 6668 times)

hempukonsito

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Crafting thread
« on: January 05, 2016, 12:06:29 pm »

Proud owner of something i can't use.

nbilling

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting thread
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 09:24:24 pm »
Is that the highest quality you can get on materials? I've read all I could find on the wiki about this but still completely unsure what upper limit I can expect on crafting materials in the game. I'm guessing it varies by material type, and probably you can't expect to find the theoretical max quality for all materials in a playthrough, but I really want a ballpark so I can figure out how much effective crafting skill is needed to craft the end game items (factoring in workbenches etc.). What's the highest mechanics, electronics, and tailoring requirement anyone's gotten on a build so far?

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 09:51:07 pm »
It's 160 for super steel plate, but i thing infused leather can go higher but only with high quality super steel fiber (near 160) and leather with like 100+ quality

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 12:13:59 am »
It's 160 for super steel plate, but i thing infused leather can go higher but only with high quality super steel fiber (near 160) and leather with like 100+ quality

A 106 leather from the ancient rathound near the rathound king turned to a 179 infused rathound leather with a 145 supersteel sheet. So yeah, it can go higher with some luck.

nbilling

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 01:13:06 am »
What about electrical components and whatever else that aren't made by the player? Super steel + infusion seems like an extreme case, is it the upper bound?

Ryzak

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 02:03:22 am »
Generally speaking I believe it goes like this:

Most things can go up to but not past 124 quality. Weapons, vests, metal plates, electronics etc.

Super Steel can go up to 160.

Infused Leather can go up to 202 if you consider the crafting formula for it, but that would require 124 quality leather AND 160 quality Super Steel fiber. I doubt that is plausible.

Note that I'm basing these statements on my own experience in the game in addition to information from the wiki and such.

Mercent

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 10:47:18 am »

Have you gotten your own house in Core City yet? If so, go to Camp Hathor to buy a tailoring table ;)

Pipboy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 10:56:56 am »
You can buy your own house AND with crafting equipment??  :o

this game doesn't stop to amaze me

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 12:51:39 pm »
Skinner feat is super powerful on infused Leather. Keep that in mind.

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 09:50:38 pm »
Generally speaking I believe it goes like this:

Most things can go up to but not past 124 quality. Weapons, vests, metal plates, electronics etc.

Super Steel can go up to 160.

Infused Leather can go up to 202 if you consider the crafting formula for it, but that would require 124 quality leather AND 160 quality Super Steel fiber. I doubt that is plausible.

Note that I'm basing these statements on my own experience in the game in addition to information from the wiki and such.

I just found many things above 124 that arn't super steel related (shield, battery and many other stuff like that).

Draciel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 11:39:28 pm »
I just found many things above 124 that arn't super steel related (shield, battery and many other stuff like that).

It should be 130 quality from my experience... I bought 130 energy core in Oculus shop..

you can get metal armor around mechanical 61%/25 and energy 57%/15 (only 44 armor penalty) with 3x super steel 150+ quality...(even more with 4x super steel, I didnt try it...) only its pain to get it :D

Ryzak

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 01:37:32 am »

Then I stand corrected! Good input.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 07:35:46 am »
Well, since this is crafting thread, let me post my inquiry here.

I was going into the wiki to see what king of skills are required to craft specific equipment, so I want to check this info.

1) If wanting to craft just leather armor, only tailoring is needed
2) If wanting to craft infused leather armor, some mechanics is needed, together with tailoring, but not a lot
3) If wanting to craft any other armor, both high mechanics and tailoring is needed
4) Regenerative vest is only armor component that requires high skill in both biology in electronics, making it most skill expensive piece of the equipment in the game
5) Biohazard vest and carapaces require small skill investment in biology
6) If wanting to craft non-energy weapons, high mechanics skills is required
7) Some weapon attachments or scopes require small skill investment in electronics
8 ) Only weapon attachments that require high skill in electronics are smart modules,
9) Energy weapons require high skill in electronics and small skill investment in mechanics
10) Melee weapons require high mechanics only, or mechanics and electronics if using electroshock
11) Unarmed weapons require also high tailoring as well as all mechanics and electronics for electroshock

Grand

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 02:04:55 pm »

I lucked out and scored some 151 on my first craft.  I guess I'm gonna use it to make some infused ARHL Tabi Boots.  If I wanted to get max craft bonuses, what do I need?
- Skinner
- Clothier
- House Bonus?

I'm currently lvl 15 and I believe that I have all of my combat perks, so 16 and 18 will be skinner and clothier, but when/how do I get the core city house?  I know that I get the bench from Hathor...

Grim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 02:20:03 pm »
House bonus is a +15% on the crafting skill, so it shouldn't change the final product, just allow you to make it if the requirements are too high. (isn't it ?)
You get the house when you finish the quest line of one main faction of core city (JKK, coretech, Praetorian security).

By the way, i just got some super steel (125 quality for the best one), and was quite disappointed trying it on metal crafting (helmet, metal armor...). What did i miss ? What is it good for ?
The insulated leather seemed much more of an upgrade. Simple steel seemed better statwise than super steel, at first glance.