Author Topic: Please evaluate my Character  (Read 2618 times)

killgor

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Please evaluate my Character
« on: January 05, 2016, 04:34:37 am »
I'm now in Core City and I'm level 15.

Strength - 7
Dextery - 8
Agility - 7
Constitution- 4
Perception - 7
Will - 6
Intelligence - 4

Guns - 80(100)
Throwing - 35(46)
Stealth - 40(53)
Hacking - 85
Lock - 75(100)
Traps - 40(65)
Mechanics - 51
Thought Control - 83(97)
Psychokinesis - 63(85)
Metathermics - 63(85)
Persuation - 65(76)

Aimed Shot, Gunslinger, Nimble, Opportunist, Psy Empathy, Recklessness, Celebral Trauma, Point Shot, Full Auto, Spec Ops

For combat I use a SMG and a Sniper Rifle and of course, everytime I can, Psi.  When I reach Level 16, which attribute should I raise? Strenght for Heavy Armor, Will for Psi?

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Please evaluate my Character
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 09:58:59 am »
Jack of all Trades.

hempukonsito

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 12:27:13 pm »
>jack of all trades

Well, you can do whatever you want, but in my experience you should NEVER take the psionic pill unless you want to make a psionic build which will deal most of the damage with another secondary focus in another weapon just in case, but it is a very bad idea to make psionics as your secondary "weapon" because first, you will not deal enough damage to kill your enemies before they get close to you, and second, when the enemies get close to you or in groups you are pretty much dead because you are very squishy.

I would recomend you to reset your game and start from the begining (but i know that you won't do that at this points in the game) and then i will recomend you to be maxing mechanics and grind A LOT because you will need a very good armor and a high level to be able to deal with the enemies you will encounter in the future, i wish you luck.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 12:29:18 pm by hempukonsito »

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 05:02:03 pm »
"Dipping" into psi is possible and can pay off but it will cost you 25% of your max hitpoints which can only be compensated with high constitution. I don't recommend less than 7, and it's best with 10 and Juggernaut feat if possible. However such character should raise Psychokinesis and Metathermics (no Thought Control) only high enough to qualify for a few crowd control abilities that can't be resisted such as Electrokinesis, Cryokinesis, Cryostasis and probably the most underestimated psi ability: Force Field which can be of great help to bottleneck crowds, make them start runing around for alternate path (because they don't realise that the shield is temporary), and give you time when you need an extra round or two for the healing hypo or to cool off the negative adrenaline shot debuff.

So to be effective with those skills you don't need to waste any stat points on will. If you can afford the Premeditation feat it's even better for free Electrokinesis stun every 6 rounds.
I'm afraid in your case those 6 will points are mostly wasted. You really should look a bit deeper into game mechanics and restart. You can forget about being the jack of all trades in Underrail but hybrid builds such as psi monk or SMG brawler can be very strong if you know exactly what you're doing which takes some experience with this game.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 05:03:38 pm by Wildan »

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 08:58:07 pm »
Dipping into psi is only good if you focus solely on crowd control and do damage dealing with other skills. This way crowd control is used to lower enemy firepower to compensate for lower health.

killgor

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 05:06:58 am »
@ hempukonsito: So I can't buy such an armor and the crafted armor doesn't have the Strength requierement?
Okay, it is stupid, but I will start a new game. With the following beginning stats:

Strength= 5(will raise it to 7 for the full-auto feat)
Dexterity= 9
Agility= 7
Constitution= 4
Perception= 8
Will= 4
Intelligence=3

Is this better? And which base ability should I raise too during the game? For combat I want to use SMG and Sniper Rifle.
I will primarily raise guns, hacking,lockpicking and mechanics.
Are dodge and evasion usefull?

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:34:17 am by killgor »

hempukonsito

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 12:30:16 pm »
@ hempukonsito: So I can't buy such an armor and the crafted armor doesn't have the Strength requierement?
Okay, it is stupid, but I will start a new game. With the following beginning stats:

Strength= 5(will raise it to 7 for the full-auto feat)
Dexterity= 9
Agility= 7
Constitution= 4
Perception= 8
Will= 4
Intelligence=3

Is this better? And which base ability should I raise too during the game? For combat I want to use SMG and Sniper Rifle.
I will primarily raise guns, hacking,lockpicking and mechanics.
Are dodge and evasion usefull?

Snipers are characters that kill their targets at very long range very quickly and want to avoid their enemies to get close to them and if they do, the best option for them is to use a flashbang and reposition or molotov and reposition themselves, you want to be able to kill with one hit and prioritize enemies you want to kill first in this order your enemies Snipers>Spions>Assault rifle enemies>melee enemies>pistol enemies>smg enemies.

The core feats you WANT AND NEED to have are these if you are going to focus in your Sniper Rifle and use your Smg as a secondary weapon are:

Nimble.
Reckless.
Aimed Shot (per 6, guns 10, Level 2).
Interloper (Agi 7, Stealth 20, Level 2).
Snipe (per 10, guns 35, stealth 30, having Aimer Shot is a prerequisite, Level 5).
Sharp Shooter (per 10, guns 60, having Aimed Shot is a prerequisite, Level 10).

The core feats you WANT AND NEED to have are these if you are going to focus in your Smg and use your Sniper Rifle as a secondary weapon are:

Nimble.
Reckless. (this one is actually optional, but i will encourage you to use it with the Smg)
Opportunist.
Aimed Shot (per 6, guns 10, Level 2).
Kneecap Shot (Per 7, Guns 35, level 3).
Full-Auto (Str 7, Guns 40, Level 6).
Rapid Fire (Guns 50, Level 8 ).
Spec Ops (Agi 6, Guns 50, level 8 ).
Commando (Guns 80, Level 14).

Other very goods feats are (you can't go wrong with these, all of these are good for you):

Conditioning (Con 5).
Ambush (Per 6, Stealth 40).
Uncanny Dodge (Agi 8, Dodge 40, Level 6).
Evasive Maneuvers (Agi 6, Evasion 50, level 8 ).
Blitz (Agi 10, Level 10).
Critical Power (Guns 75, Level 13) and only usefull if you use a Sniper rifle with more than 100% critical damage  (Reaper, some unique sniper rifles).

Yes, evasion and dodge are VERY usefull skills if you are going to use leather armor or tactical/riot armor because it let's you dodge up to 60% all attacks (excluding psion attacks).

You want to always put points in Guns when you can, if you are going for Hacking and Lockpicking, you only need like 70 points in there (not base points) because when you have the lockpicks mk III and the haxxors MK III, they will give you 10 points more when you hack or lockpick, the Jackknife gives you 7 skillpoints in lockpick and some foods in the game will increase your skillpoints in there from 10% to 20%.

You should not max mechanics if you are not going to use metal armor, you should not max Tailoring if you are not going to use leather armor (but you definitely need some points in mechanics and tailoring if you want to use the best armor in the game, be metal armor, leather armor or riot/tactical vest)

Also, you do no't want points in dextery if your main weapon is going to be the sniper rifle, but dextery is very usefull for smg because it reduces the AP for your burst skill, you want to look at this table if you are going for the Smg as a main weapon.

Your build will look like this at level 12 having the sniper rifle as a main weapon:

Level: 12

BASE ABILITIES

Strength:    5    
       Dexterity:    3    
         Agility:   10    
    Constitution:    6    
      Perception:   13    
            Will:    3    
    Intelligence:    3    

SKILLS

OFFENSIVE
            Guns:   70(123)
        Throwing:    0     
       Crossbows:    0     
           Melee:    0     

DEFENSIVE
           Dodge:   70(105)
         Evasion:   70(105)

SUBTERFUGE
         Stealth:   70(105)
         Hacking:   70 (63)
     Lockpicking:   70     
   Pickpocketing:    0     
           Traps:    0 (14)

TECHNOLOGY
       Mechanics:   70 (63)
     Electronics:    0     
       Chemistry:    0     
         Biology:    0     
       Tailoring:   70 (63)

PSI
 Thought Control:    0     
    Metathermics:    0     
   Psychokinesis:    0     

SOCIAL
      Persuasion:    0     
    Intimidation:    0     
      Mercantile:    0     

FEATS
   Conditioning
   Interloper
   Snipe
   Sharpshooter
   Blitz

Your build will look like this at level 12 having the smg as a main weapon (and sniper rifle as a secondary weapon):

Level: 12

BASE ABILITIES

Strength:    7    
       Dexterity:   13    
         Agility:    6    
    Constitution:    4    
      Perception:    7    
            Will:    3    
    Intelligence:    3    

SKILLS

OFFENSIVE
            Guns:   70 (87)