Author Topic: Fix my build  (Read 7525 times)

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Fix my build
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 06:59:42 pm »
Yeah, that is correct.
Still, nothing stops player from having good stealth and using two armors.

Stealth low armor penalty armor for battles that will be over quickly and high resistance armor for prolonged battles. And in both cases, sniper attack will be very useful.

jj8715

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 03:57:09 am »
Hey all...Just to update I have changed to playing Spec Ops Build by Nerd Commando

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_a08dZB_7E (you can check out his built here)

Not a bad play.... Needs less tactics and more run and gun action. Adding more points to trapper skills now since quite a few of my skill points are nearly hitting 100

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 01:20:18 pm »
Anything's possible as long you've yet to reach the 'end-game' area.

I take it when you say rifles you mean a combo of sniper/assault rifles yes?

In that case I would HIGHLY recommend to carry all the AP ammo you can for the 'end-game' of things, if you can help it bring some of that over-the-top awesome ammunition like acid bullets, whichever goes in the rifles you prefer (Spearhead 7.62mm caliber all the way for me anyway), try to get an energy shield emitter with some 'high frequency values'.
Since you already have the 10 STR you could probably make use of some hefty heavy armor, usually they tend to have high resistance values etc. but I've yet to make a character using heavy armors, so far only been using tactical & leather armors.

I figure as long you bring that AP ammo and some good bits of armor/shielding I don't see why you shouldn't be able to finish the end-game.
"We don't have to dream that we're important" ~ Robert House, CEO of RobCo.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 05:57:34 pm »
try to get an energy shield emitter with some 'high frequency values'
If you put points in electronics, low frequency shields are far better since their very high/high/medium ratings will be high enough to stop pretty much everything except for Snipers Aimed Shot (but that happens like twice in the whole game) while also being very good aganist any slow projectiles (crossbows, spits, psionics, chemical pistols) and melee.

But if you don't have crafting, I agree that high frequency is a better choice. Thresholds on found/bought shields are pretty low so only the high frequency shield will be able to stop anything fully.

BUT, Deep Ceverns are generally full of enemies that use slow projectiles (bio spits, acid spits, tentacle darts and psionics) so I would go with low freq for DC regardless.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 09:33:13 pm »
As a non-crafter shield user, I prefer using low frequency shields when equipped with anti-rifle armor, since they help best against non-bullet slow attacks, while against bullets it is better for some damage to not get absorbed by shields, since it will get absorbed by the armor and shield will last longed due to it.

Only against energy attacks and snipers I use high frequency shield.