Off Topic > Other Games

Pillars of Eternity!

(1/3) > >>

fallander:
What are your thoughts about this game? Personally i think it's great but have to say it was very buggy at first. It becomes much better with all those patches and expansion set.
Very old school and story focused. Can't wait for continuation of white marches.

morimoto:
I played it when it first came out, gonna play again once White March pt. 2 is released. Great game, i really enjoyed it. I recommend it to everyone that enjoys RPGs.

Wildan:
It was a pretty big disappointment for me. They wanted to get rid of min/maxing and ended up with a pretty bland, unflexible character system. Basically there are only two builds - weak, spongy tanks and dps glass cannons, playing anything in between results in a gimped character. One example of a game why worrying to much about balance can hurt the combat system. Just like Styg said in the interview, unless it's a MMO balance between the builds should not be a concern.
In PoE you can't get creative with your builds like you can in Underrail. 6 characters and you always end up playing with the same tactics. Boring.

Last time I played it was like 6 months ago but I doubt that anything changed significally since.

Tygrende:
It plays like a singleplayer MMO if you ask me.

I liked the guns mechanics for how realistic they were though, I can't think of any other RPG that did that.

It was pretty fun to make a character with 4 weapon slots/switch time reduction to carry 4 pre-loaded pistols so you can unload them all in a short period of time without any reloading. Even better when you make a whole party like that, that's 24 shots before reloading.

Or a whole party with arquebuses that starts every enocunter with a deadly volley.

eLPuSHeR:
I bought it but I didn't enjoy as with the olde Baldur's Gate (Infinity Engine) games era. Maybe it's I am getting old. Maybe it's I don't like Real-time-with-pause combat. Not sure. It's not a bad game at all (by all means). But I didn't bought any of the expansions and I think I don't intend to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version