Author Topic: Smart Module  (Read 3949 times)

kpoxo6op

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Smart Module
« on: December 30, 2015, 12:36:29 am »
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Smart_Module says:
Smart Module is an electronic part. It can be used on energy weapons or firearms to improve the damage of special attacks.
This piece of hardware can be integrated into energy weapons and firearms during crafting. It runs targeting assistance software that increases efficiency of precision shots.

What are special attack names?

kpoxo6op

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Smart Module
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 02:51:15 am »
Things like Burst, Aimed Shot, etc. Anything listed under "Attacks" in the Quick Invoker (F) menu (except the default attack).
Thanks!

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 03:54:43 am »
Do they stack? Or overraide each other?

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:17:56 am »
Has anybody actually tested what types of attacks are affected by Smart Module and/or Smart Lens?

I was trying to burst attack one guy with my SMG with and without Smart Goggles and didn't see any difference in average damage. Also if Bursts are counted as special attacks then single shots should deal less damage - but I haven't noticed this.

Edit: tested more. Crafted 7.62mm Impala SMG with Smart Modules (+40% special attack bonus) and also using +29% Smart Goggles. Shooting W2C single shots and bursts against heavily armored enforcer.
Single shots: 40-65 damage
Burst shots (each bullet): 50-95 (!!) damage

This is while the weapon says 16-32 and combat stat sheet says 28-56.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:36:19 am by phobos2077 »

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 01:06:06 pm »
Has anybody actually tested what types of attacks are affected by Smart Module and/or Smart Lens?

I was trying to burst attack one guy with my SMG with and without Smart Goggles and didn't see any difference in average damage. Also if Bursts are counted as special attacks then single shots should deal less damage - but I haven't noticed this.

Edit: tested more. Crafted 7.62mm Impala SMG with Smart Modules (+40% special attack bonus) and also using +29% Smart Goggles. Shooting W2C single shots and bursts against heavily armored enforcer.
Single shots: 40-65 damage
Burst shots (each bullet): 50-95 (!!) damage

This is while the weapon says 16-32 and combat stat sheet says 28-56.

Daka daka motherfucker!  8)
"We don't have to dream that we're important" ~ Robert House, CEO of RobCo.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 09:28:22 pm »

Sure. Switched permanently to using googles that improve special attacks for my SMG/Sniper build.

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 05:35:18 pm »
I'm not sure if bursts were intended to be made so powerful with these Smart lenses/modules - they don't have any cooldown. Maybe it's one of those thing we need to be quiet about or else Styg will nerf it down like he promised in an interview? :D

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 07:00:20 pm »
Maybe it's one of those thing we need to be quiet about or else Styg will nerf it down like he promised in an interview? :D

I'm afraid it's too late, brother.