Author Topic: Zone Transition Fail  (Read 13493 times)

antracit

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Zone Transition Fail
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 03:19:56 pm »
Have the same problem. After I had completed quests in Core city, i could not enter into Foundry and location around it. So i went to another locations, and after, then i returned to Core City, middle level become unavailable.

nerdz

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 12:37:46 am »
To answer stig's questions:

- No Sync software;
- No AV;
- An SSD that I bought 3 months ago. Shows no signs of IO failure at all.

sfg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 12:47:08 am »
I got this error today too a couple of times. Here's what I have in the log:

System.Exception: Failed to save game 'autosave'. Exception: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.ImageStream..ctor(Color[] colors, Int32 sourceWidth, Int32 sourceHeight, XnaImageFormat format, Int32 targetWidth, Int32 targetHeight)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.SaveAsImage(Stream stream, XnaImageFormat __unnamed001, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at ad3.a(Texture2D A_0, String A_1)
   at bef.b(String A_0)
   at bef.ac5(String A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2) ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.ImageStream..ctor(Color[] colors, Int32 sourceWidth, Int32 sourceHeight, XnaImageFormat format, Int32 targetWidth, Int32 targetHeight)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.SaveAsImage(Stream stream, XnaImageFormat __unnamed001, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at ad3.a(Texture2D A_0, String A_1)
   at bef.b(String A_0)
   at bef.ac5(String A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at cez.LogAndThrow[T](Exception innerException, LogSeverity severity, String message, Object[] messageArgs)
   at bef.ac5(String A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2)
   at nf.cz(aj8 A_0)
   at zq.g(aj8 A_0)
   at ba6.cz(aj8 A_0)
   at zq.g(aj8 A_0)

And it once failed to load the autosave it did when failing to transition. It stopped happening after exiting and opening the game again, though and was able to access any area I tried.

This is on W7 64bit, i7 2600k, 24GB RAM, GTX 460

Oh, and version is 1.0.0.0 mostly because I'm afraid if I update during a playthrough something will go wrong. :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:49:33 am by sfg »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 01:57:59 pm »
Got another zone transition error in Hollow Earth.

Also, because for some bloody reason this board doesn't like special characters and keeps cutting off text that contains them, here the log file:

This is separate issue. I'll look into it.

I found the cause of hit particular error. It will be fixed in the next update.
Just to be clear, this does not have anything to do with the main issue.

Ravior

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2016, 02:31:08 pm »
I'm having such an error after 3 hours of playing, when I try to get back to the Commons:

My savegame is here: http://venion.net/filez/Underrail.zip

I would like to post my full log, but for some reason it gets cut at the word "Ausnahmestapel" all the time. The Log is in the zip, also.

System.Exception: Failed to load locale 'StationAlpha-Level3 - South Gate Station'. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei hs.f1()
   bei bck.sl(Boolean A_0)
   bei ah7.sl(Boolean A_0)
   bei akt.sl(Boolean A_0)
   bei azu.yz(fh A_0, Boolean A_1)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapel
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 02:36:03 pm by Ravior »

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2016, 06:06:28 am »
this board doesn't like special characters and keeps cutting off text that contains them, here the log file:
This is separate issue. I'll look into it.
I found the cause of hit particular error. It will be fixed in the next update.
Just to be clear, this does not have anything to do with the main issue.
Did you fix the SMF locale to accept non-ASCII characters like all those super-fancy speech marks MSOffice likes to insert?

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2016, 06:06:24 pm »
If this can help :

Running GOG v 1.0.1.10 Windows 8.1 (looks like the 32 bits version), I could play for tens of hours without any issue, then I suffered from the same "transition failures" or "save failures" as everyone else.

- Restarting the game did not help
- (tip found somewhere) Adding the top save directory to the exclusion list of my antivirus (Avast) did not help
- (tip found elsewhere) Adding the top save directory to the exclusion list for the indexer (yes, the infamous Windows Search Indexer) did not help
- (tip found nowhere, but derived from some hint about XNA being involved) Rebooting the computer did it. No further issues since then 5 hours play.

SuNo

EDIT: I confirm that rebooting worked for me a second time.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:51:16 am by SuNo »

Lao-Ax

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2016, 07:34:58 pm »
I have that issue today too. Can't leave the Junkyard at all.
It's very sad that after three years such bugs is still here :(
I hope there will be a new patch.

Saves are here: https://dropfile.to/wgNKvnv

The log is:
Game Version: 1.0.1.10
Error: System.Exception: Failed to load locale 'jy1 - Junkyard - Gate'. ---> System.IO.InvalidDataException: The magic number in GZip header is not correct. Make sure you are passing in a GZip stream.
   at System.IO.Compression.GZipDecoder.ReadHeader(InputBuffer input)
   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Decode()
   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Inflate(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
   at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.Compression.GZipStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at ak.DeserializeFromBinaryCompressed[T](Stream stream, SerializationBinder binder, Boolean tryToRetrieveDataModelVersion)
   at bhy.GetItemCompressed[T](String name, Boolean throwOnMissing)
   at a13.y4(fv A_0, Boolean A_1)
   at cj2.LogAndThrow[T](Exception innerException, LogSeverity severity, String message, Object[] messageArgs)
   at bhm.adi(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1)
   at a4p.x3(amb A_0)
   at aa7.e(amb A_0)
   at beb.a(amb A_0)
   at beb.b(amb A_0)
   at beb.c0(amb A_0)
   at aa7.g(amb A_0)

Lao-Ax

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2016, 05:38:46 am »
I'm just guessing here, but... it seems like something else on your machine tinkered with the process memory and broke the save - perhaps a memory editing tool like cheat engine?

Yes, it was at the beginning of the game, a lot hours ago and days, when I had known nothing about Junkyard. And that is more important: I've already been on every location where I can't reach now. So I don't see any connection between the cheat engine and the game stopper.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 06:06:57 am by Lao-Ax »

gioterm83

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 10:17:26 am »
Hello everyone.

First of all, i bought Underrail many years ago when it was still on Desura under the name Timelapse Vertigo and unfortunately i just had the chance to actually get into it a few of weeks ago. Just wanted to say that the game is preposterously good, i just can't get enough of it. I hope we get a sequel at some point, i would pay any price for it.

Now to the issue at hand and the reason i highjacked this thread. There is a certain area where i get a "Zone transition failed" error. I have not encountered this error anywhere else  just at this place and i am not sure if it's gonna be important to the story of the game. Any information would be helpful.

The errors i am getting are the following:

Error: System.Exception: Failed to load locale 'LUP-A8 - Lower Underrail'. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Object must implement IConvertible.
   at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterConverter.Convert(Object value, Type type)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo.GetValue(String name, Type type)
   at aox..ctor(SerializationInfo A_0, StreamingContext A_1)
   at a8y..ctor(SerializationInfo A_0, StreamingContext A_1)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.SerializationInvoke(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext& context)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(ObjectHolder holder)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixups()
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at ak.DeserializeFromBinaryInternal[T](Stream stream, SerializationBinder binder, Int64 dataModelVersion)
   at ak.DeserializeFromBinaryCompressed[T](Stream stream, SerializationBinder binder, Boolean tryToRetrieveDataModelVersion)
   at cj2.LogAndThrow[T](Exception innerException, LogSeverity severity, String message, Object[] messageArgs)
   at a4p.x3(amb A_0)
   at aa7.e(amb A_0)
   at beb.a(amb A_0)
   at beb.b(amb A_0)
   at beb.c0(amb A_0)
   at aa7.g(amb A_0)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 11:23:55 am »
Hello everyone.

First of all, i bought Underrail many years ago when it was still on Desura under the name Timelapse Vertigo and unfortunately i just had the chance to actually get into it a few of weeks ago. Just wanted to say that the game is preposterously good, i just can't get enough of it. I hope we get a sequel at some point, i would pay any price for it.

Now to the issue at hand and the reason i highjacked this thread. There is a certain area where i get a "Zone transition failed" error. I have not encountered this error anywhere else  just at this place and i am not sure if it's gonna be important to the story of the game. Any information would be helpful.

The errors i am getting are the following:

Error: System.Exception: Failed to load locale 'LUP-A8 - Lower Underrail'. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Object must implement IConvertible.
   at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterConverter.Convert(Object value, Type type)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo.GetValue(String name, Type type)
   at aox..ctor(SerializationInfo A_0, StreamingContext A_1)
   at a8y..ctor(SerializationInfo A_0, StreamingContext A_1)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.SerializationInvoke(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext& context)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(ObjectHolder holder)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixups()
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at ak.DeserializeFromBinaryInternal[T](Stream stream, SerializationBinder binder, Int64 dataModelVersion)
   at a4p.x3(amb A_0)
   at aa7.e(amb A_0)
   at beb.a(amb A_0)
   at beb.b(amb A_0)
   at beb.c0(amb A_0)
   at aa7.g(amb A_0)

This was fixed for the new version. It's not up on the default branch yet (will be soon), but you can access it on experimental (either through Steam or through GOG Galaxy).

gioterm83

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2017, 03:31:55 pm »

This was fixed for the new version. It's not up on the default branch yet (will be soon), but you can access it on experimental (either through Steam or through GOG Galaxy).

Thank you very much for the information. I will get on it