Author Topic: Rathound king question [SPOILERS]  (Read 10508 times)

Infiltrator

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Rathound king question [SPOILERS]
« on: December 24, 2015, 07:10:46 pm »
Ok so I made it to his lair and he wants me to kidnap Sarine. Has anyone done it without having to actually butcher the entire camp? That makes the mission very unappealing to me, as I practically lose the town in the process.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Rathound king question [SPOILERS]
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 01:59:33 am »
Of cource you can, you need to lure Sarine from Camp H.
Also if you have high Persuasion you can fine different way to solve quest.

Infiltrator

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 07:53:16 am »
How do you lure her out? I haven't been able to determine that thus far. As for persuasion, I thought it might have been option but my guy is as persuasive as a toad.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 09:59:20 am »
Sadly I don't remember.
Somethng about you saw her Beck kissed another girl or something.
Maybe this line opens if you have enough Persuasion too.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 02:51:20 pm »
Just knock her out. Both, stun and incapacitation work.

jj8715

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 04:18:17 am »
Ok so I made it to his lair and he wants me to kidnap Sarine. Has anyone done it without having to actually butcher the entire camp? That makes the mission very unappealing to me, as I practically lose the town in the process.

Yo bud,

Probably the best ending I have for this is the truce option. But it requires really high persuasion.If you manage to get the Rathound king to see your view and propose a truce, Edgar will likely agree to it as well.

Order of events on my playthrough were:
- Meet Rathound king (Truce proposed)
- Meet Edgar (Truce proposed after Burrow Job completed) (Edgar somehow trusts you after you complete the task)
- Return to Rathound King with Edgar Proposal
- Rathound King accepts proposal and gives you a Rathound Regalia (The item makes any nearby rathounds instantly allied to you)
- Return to Edgar and speak to him about the Rathound King accepting the proposal (4000XP + Hunter feat)

Best outcome so far.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 08:25:47 am »
How do you lure her out? I haven't been able to determine that thus far. As for persuasion, I thought it might have been option but my guy is as persuasive as a toad.

Yes, with persuasion you can lure her our, by telling her his boyfriend hangs with other girl.
Then, when she is alone in south caverns, just use flash-bang grenade to incapacitate her.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 09:34:25 am »
Then, when she is alone in south caverns, just use flash-bang grenade to incapacitate her.
Tazer also works fine as I remember.

Jazhara7

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 01:52:57 am »

Yo bud,

Probably the best ending I have for this is the truce option. But it requires really high persuasion.If you manage to get the Rathound king to see your view and propose a truce, Edgar will likely agree to it as well.

Order of events on my playthrough were:
- Meet Rathound king (Truce proposed)
- Meet Edgar (Truce proposed after Burrow Job completed) (Edgar somehow trusts you after you complete the task)
- Return to Rathound King with Edgar Proposal
- Rathound King accepts proposal and gives you a Rathound Regalia (The item makes any nearby rathounds instantly allied to you)
- Return to Edgar and speak to him about the Rathound King accepting the proposal (4000XP + Hunter feat)

Best outcome so far.

Little note about the Rathound Regalia, you should probably not wear it when going into Camp Hathor. I did that and got attacked, and as far as I could tell,  didn't do anything else to earn their anger (it happened in their mindshroom patch).  :P

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 06:16:12 am »
I just love how the town would attack the Rathound King on sight regardless of agreeing to the peace truce. Makes you think who's the true evil in that story.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 07:40:32 am »
Makes you think who's the true evil in that story.

It's obvious who, after you talked with Rathound King.

Grim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 01:29:10 pm »
I just love how the town would attack the Rathound King on sight regardless of agreeing to the peace truce. Makes you think who's the true evil in that story.
The truce terms are clear, each faction stays on its land. If any member of either faction crosses the line, they are to be attacked on sight.
This was very clear to me when i read it, and when i got shot at in my new costume, i just laughed so hard for the game being coherent with those terms !

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 08:56:47 pm »
Talking about Rathound King and release version spoilers, has anyone met him in the deep caverns yet?

Now I start to regret I killed Groover and didn't save Cliff, because who knows. :D