Author Topic: Map Editor & Modding  (Read 3084 times)

obilaner

• Noob
    • View Profile
Map Editor & Modding
« on: December 24, 2015, 05:32:46 pm »
Hello!

Id really like to make some new Quests, Maps and maybe a Total conversion Mod.. I think that'll reanimate the Game for other Players.. I imagine having many different Storylines, Dungeons, Maps and Cities from other Players with that Fallout 2 Style Gameplay you have. There are not much Games out there that have that Kind of Gameplay and i really like them. So why dont you advertise with your Game by making it open to the Community to make more Games out of it like that ? :)

I think it would be great to have:

A Converter for the Game Datafiles to Editable Formats, like Images an Sounds
A Script Editor
A Map Editor

Have a nice Christmas Holiday
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 05:34:52 pm by obilaner »

STEN

Re: Map Editor & Modding
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 12:00:07 pm »
That would be totally great addition. I hope it will be done in future.

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 07:58:39 am »
we script everything directly in visual studio, that would open up the engine, so we would need to make those tools for commercial use, and that eats to much time we would rather spend making good games.

smoke_th

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 07:43:10 am »
we script everything directly in visual studio, that would open up the engine, so we would need to make those tools for commercial use, and that eats to much time we would rather spend making good games.
Or instead of killing any longevity the game has, you could just release the sourcecode (but not the assets) under gnu gpl to let the community make the tools. Just like space engineers did.