Author Topic: Lost in the Deep Caverns, where to go? (Spoilers)  (Read 13144 times)

Altairp

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Lost in the Deep Caverns, where to go? (Spoilers)
« on: December 24, 2015, 02:06:59 pm »
After a glorious battle against the Faceless (and a cowardly escape towards the Institute's elevator), I descended into the Deep Caverns and talked to Six. He explained what to do, where should I go, and also directed me towards a nearby cavern full of man-eating fungi: to search for something useful against Tchort's minions and his gate.

Now, I explored said cave, fought against the unfriendly fauna, and also probably destroyed the source of said monsters (something big and red called 'Pulsating Roots'), yet, I still have no clue about what I'm supposed to do now. I tried making my way down the tunnel towards Tchort, but his debuff and servants always make short work of my character.

Am I missing something?

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in the Deep Caverns, where to go? (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 09:17:54 pm »
You can use my text map of DC(with small notes), its pretty garbage but better than nothing) Mb, somebody will make better one from my sketch

Akachi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 09:24:19 pm »
You can use my text map of DC(with small notes), its pretty garbage but better than nothing) Mb, somebody will make better one from my sketch

Hey, do you also know where to find the hydraulic fluid canisters? I found 2 in the locked warehouse, still need a third one ( I have the rest of the parts)

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 09:36:32 pm »

Hey, do you also know where to find the hydraulic fluid canisters? I found 2 in the locked warehouse, still need a third one ( I have the rest of the parts)
Sorry, I can't remember(too many things lies in DC), can only advise you to loot all areas(after powering them up from Arke Power Station too) and drill all walls with Jackhammer. Begin from first area and use my map for checkpoints %)

Akachi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 09:54:30 pm »
Damn. That's the problem, already checked almost everywhere.

And let me tell you, having the Faceless and horryfying monsters from the depths of nightmare attack me at every point does not help in any way in the search.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 09:58:33 pm by Akachi »

Altairp

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 09:41:05 am »
So, I have to gather something from the Pulsating Roots to craft grenades.

Damn it, I was hoping for something to mitigate the effects of Thcort's debuff. Oh well. Thank you, in any case :D

Akachi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 09:56:55 am »
You can slow down stacking of the debuff by taking training (you gain a feat) from the old man in the cavern :)

fxfighter

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 11:33:58 am »
I don't know if the game is bugged or something but after killing the pulsating roots, I try to navigate along that top area and there's this map where when I try to zone in it doesn't change maps and just puts me back on the zone in spot. The map has some square rock hole looking thing, not sure how better to describe it.

I'm presuming that's where I need to go as it has bats flying towards when I approach and I can't seem to see anywhere else to go so I'm basically stuck =/
Am I meant to go into where Six tells me Tchort is maybe?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 11:37:29 am by fxfighter »

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 11:39:22 am »
I don't know if the game is bugged or something but after killing the pulsating roots, I try to navigate along that top area and there's this map where when I try to zone in it doesn't change maps and just puts me back on the zone in spot. The map has some square rock hole looking thing, not sure how better to describe it.

I'm presuming that's where I need to go as it has bats flying towards when I approach and I can't seem to see anywhere else to go so I'm basically stuck =/
Kill Boss, use his body(and loot) to transfer to area "Mushroom Forest 5"(with spore turrets) -> "Mushroom Forest 0" -> "Deep Caverns 1".

P.S. You must use his body transition with "non-combat" state.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 11:41:15 am by Mindless »

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 12:15:57 pm »

Please provide some screenshots, i dont get what you mean exactly.

fxfighter

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 05:48:14 am »
Kill Boss, use his body(and loot) to transfer to area "Mushroom Forest 5"(with spore turrets) -> "Mushroom Forest 0" -> "Deep Caverns 1".

P.S. You must use his body transition with "non-combat" state.

Thanks for the reply, I made that post after a very long session. I'm happy my post was still legible :P
Since I'm playing with a fresh head again I'm just exploring the other areas behind where that six guy first appeared. Ran into the faceless camp so I'm just trying to figure out what the plan is now. :)

I had already looted the body and went down through its corpse before I made that post and I thought I travelled around everywhere below within the mushroom maps. The main thing that confused me was the map on that top level which I posted a picture of below (same level as that pulsating roots) which would not let me go through it and would just keep putting me back at the zone boundary point after doing the "fade to black" load screen.

I have your text document but it's difficult to make out, what text tool did you make it in?
Viewing it in notepad++, I can't make out what's connected to what around hollow earth 7 and many parts below. http://i.imgur.com/mmdM43Q.png

Where do you guys get these map names from btw? I understand the the NPCs refer some of the maps by names and what not but I mean the numbers you assigned to each of them.
Have I been missing something the whole time that tells me what map I'm in? I thought it was all just memory...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:27:50 am by fxfighter »

fxfighter

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 05:56:03 am »
Please provide some screenshots, i dont get what you mean exactly.

http://i.imgur.com/Rtr83AP.jpg

Bottom left of this map doesn't go anywhere. It just fades out/fades in on the same spot at the boundary of that map when attempt to go through it.

To get to that map, from the pulsating roots map you go to the west exit -> south exit.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 05:58:33 am by fxfighter »

fxfighter

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 07:29:39 am »

Just like to add that "Deep Caverns 4 - with Elevator and Burrower" also has hydraulic fluid for those wondering.

posfan12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 05:52:34 am »
I'm trying to "climb through" the pulsating root in order to return to the turret map. However, the game says I cannot interact with the object during combat. Do I have to defeat everyone before I can get out? That will be a losing battle I fear.

Pumba

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 09:24:57 pm »
Hello !
First, game is really good and i started play from early acces.
But now iam in deep caverns...
English is not my native, maybe i missed smth in conversation with SIX.
Pls, tell me, what should i do ?
As i understand, i must open the gate to the Tchort, for this i should do a lot of things (find a lot of details, kill big mushroom, take smth from him and so on)
And also question about faceless in faceless base - when i talked with faceless commander (after mindreader) he said "ok, leave" and what's all !
But SIX told about supplies and so on !
What's wrong ?