Author Topic: Difficulty modifications  (Read 1735 times)

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Difficulty modifications
« on: December 24, 2015, 01:04:55 am »
So, most of the recent nerfs and all have been based on epeli/me/felix and other people abusing the crap out of certain builds.  However, the game is now hitting people who have played for the first time and they're finding not a single build working well for them on the steam forums!  Because only the most extremely optimized builds work now.

Changing difficulty is not helping them, because difficulty actually isn't very helpful:  It doesn't matter if you can use health hypos every other turn if your shooting accuracy is 10%.  So I suggest doing a full do-over of the difficulty system as people are finding the game unplayable.

Step 1) Rename difficulties so that people actually play on the easiest difficulty without getting their egos bruised ;)  I tell people to just play on easy and they just don't do it lol.  So basically,

easy -> normal
normal -> hard
hard -> very hard.

Just change that string on the menu and default the cursor to easiest diff ;D  Jedi mind trick.

Step 2) Rebalance difficulties to allow builds to be more flexible:  so

Normal (used to be called easy):  20% buff to accuracy of all types, +3 DT and 10 DR all around, double psi maximum and regen, 4 Bonus attribute points. +2 starting feats, +10 skill points/level (30 at start) + all existing health/hypo bonuses

Hard (the current normal):  10% Buff to accuracy, 5 DR all around, +50% psi  regen, 2 bonus attribute points, +1 starting feat, + 5 skill points/level (15 at start) + all existing health/hypo bonuses

Very hard: Same as current hard.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 01:35:58 am by Greep »