Author Topic: Two combat bugs which may or may not be related + Last Stand  (Read 1053 times)

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Two combat bugs which may or may not be related + Last Stand
« on: December 23, 2015, 04:51:01 pm »
I've had a bug first happen to me while fighting the Black Crawlers. One of the enemies ran out of ammo but seemed to be trying to reload, unsuccessfully, getting the warning message "Out of Ammo!" about 8 times before giving up and passing his turn, doing nothing else of use. I presume that there is some timeout mechanic for enemy turns, or else he'd probably have tried to reload his pistol forever.

I also got a bug in the Ironhead base - here is a save to test it out. Basically, attack Balor and observe as he does nothing - nothing at all during the entire battle, allowing one to kill him with ease. I suspect that he may be having the same problem as that Black Crawler, trying to do an action he cannot and eventually giving up. My suspicion is that the action is 'switching on his energy shield', perhaps, as Balor's AI worked just fine before I breached his shield. Thus I think that these two may be instances of the same bug.

Finally, an unrelated issue: the description of Last Stand states that you get two turns of full health. This is a little misleading IMO, since you only get one effective turn out of it: after you activate Last Stand, you get one turn where the enemies are trying to hit you at full health. After your next turn (i.e. at the start of the enemies' next turn) your health goes to 1, meaning that if there are still enemies around, they're going to kill you if they hit even just once, and you don't really get a second turn. I'm not sure if this is an issue with how the skill works or the description, but one of them should be modified.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Two combat bugs which may or may not be related + Last Stand
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 04:27:00 am »
I ran into those three thugs who attack you for the package, during the fire fight one of the guys, with an SMG ran out of ammo, instead of reloading he kept making a shoot action which obviously resulted in a "out of ammo" result, when i looted his corpse he had spare ammo

From the Codex.