Author Topic: Can crossbow be the main weapon?  (Read 3196 times)

CZ75

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Can crossbow be the main weapon?
« on: December 21, 2015, 10:04:36 am »
Hello,everyone! 8)
One of my friend suggested this game to me on 18th,then I purchased it.I found this game is very funny!The price is very cheap(only 45 RMB) though,the gameplay is more attractive than Fallout4.

It is more "Fallout" than Fallout 3&4,thanks the devs!you did a great masterpiece for our old-school RPG fans!The price is very cheap(only 45 RMB) though,the gameplay is more attractive than Fallout4.

Based on my experience of Fallout 2,My first character was a gunslinger,but I found gunslinger is very hard,so I created my second character,this time I use crossbow as my main weapon.Durings first quests crossbow can deal with most of rathounds,but it becomes weaker and weaker since more and more heavy armor enemy appears.

I guess maybe I am wrong?but for now my character is LV9,and I have spent 50 skill points on her.
Do I need to create a new character?or there's any way to undo it?

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Can crossbow be the main weapon?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 10:47:52 am »
Crossbows can be very powerful but their power is not in pure damage, it is in crowd control/debuffs. Use shock/fire/tranquilizer bolts to stun enemies or set them on fire, and they won't be shooting back at you. Combine crossbows with bear traps and stealth to immobilize melee foes while you shoot them from afar. Opportunist is a great early feat for a crossbow user which will increase the power of your shots against almost all crowd-controlled foes. Take a look at all of the crossbow, stealth, and trap feats and think about how they combine.

For enemies with thick armor, try acid or shock bolts to do non-mechanical damage, or just pull out a HE grenade.

CZ75

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 10:59:40 am »
THX!I've already crafted a Monsoon with super string and advanced scope,but I was ambushed by a Mugger in the Drop Zone,I tried many times,but I am keeping fail to defeat him.

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 06:56:37 pm »
Oh yeah, those muggers are assholes.  :P  If you have good Perception and +detection goggles, you can sometimes see them coming right before they sneak up on you. Then hit the enter key to start combat and stun them before they get the drop on you.

Zaliant

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 12:47:11 am »
If you know where the mugger is you can try throwing a flare before hand. It reveals stealth in an area.
Then you can try several methods.

1. Grenade him with a flashbang to get into optimal range (maximum accuracy), then hit him with your special attacks ending with a shock bolt for another turn of stun.

2. Shoot him with kneecap shot (if you have it) and run as far away as you can. On your turn, hit him FIRST, then run as far away. If he gets really close spend the whole turn running. You can also run to another section of the map to recover health and try to re-enter from a different entrance. You will still enter combat but the mugger will spend his first turn just trying to reach you.

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 02:15:24 am »
Powerful crossbow + Elemental Bolts perk + Shock Bolts MK3 + Group of enemies close to each other = Epic Win.