Author Topic: Transition bug, I can't even play.  (Read 2747 times)

Solluth

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Transition bug, I can't even play.
« on: December 20, 2015, 05:13:30 pm »
So, I got this game is got rave reviews. I have about three hours in-game at the moment, and I F***ing love it. However, I am completely stuck at the moment. After I turned in the outpost quest, I cannot enter the armory or the North end of the Station platform. Being focused on Psi-powers atm, I would like to sell my gear and learn some skills. :<

I have tried all of the different random fixes, downloading the 4gb patch, running as admin, reloading it after it has been off for a bit, etc. I cannot find anything that will work, and I really just want to spend more time enjoying this game.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Transition bug, I can't even play.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 05:26:12 pm »
Upload a save for us to Dropbox or something like that and we'll take a look.

Solluth

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 06:11:34 am »
So, for all of the people that may end up here looking for a fix of their own, I would like to post that mine is (so far- fingers crossed) fixed. Since I was close to the beginning, I simply exported my character and started over. I have turned off the rolling auto-saves before a transition and have been making sure to F5 - Quick Save- before I enter any new transitions. No problems as of yet, but I will keep it posted if anything new develops. This seems to work well so far, but good luck and watch out for the F**king Psi-bugs.

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 07:30:41 pm »
There is some kind of right trouble on saves i think, i just had the case where i wasn't able to change map (Transition error), restarting the game fixed that. Then now i can't quicksave (just recreate a new save).

Here is a gist of the error i found in sub folder of saves : [TransitionError-2015-12-22T19-59-50.txt] https://gist.github.com/Leosky/16c880b6e78b59388003

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 07:33:14 pm »
Ho, and running the game with compatibility options didn't fixed that (nor admin power).

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 08:09:43 pm »
yeah im trying to find the process that do that but i can't find it, indexer is disabled for this folder area, i put the anti virus off, checked system access request, but nothing :x

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 09:05:32 pm »
Try deleting autosave folder manually (if it's not your only save) and see if autosaving will work after that. As epeli said, something is preventing the game from manipulating the save game folders.

maxwar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 09:33:54 pm »
I am also experiencing seemingly random zone transition errors.  I will try removing the autosave on transition see if it helps.

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 09:55:33 pm »
Personnaly, i made a custom save, stopped the game, then i deleted manually :

C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Underrail\cgtemp
C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Underrail\Saves\autosave
C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Underrail\Saves\quicksave

It work fine for now.

I've investigated what is trying to lock the folder, but nothing seems related. I tried without indexer, anti-virus and any kind of malware detection tools and computer restart but nothing fof that ixed the "Fail to save" error, only deleting the old saves.

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 10:35:53 pm »
Ok, now it's getting weird, i always have the "Failed to save" error when in push quicksave button, but not the second time :/

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 11:50:28 pm »
It was once but not the second time, and explorer should not keep files to read only nor interfere with file modifications. I've removed the auto save but i don't think it's a nice fix to just ignore the bugged feature :p

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 01:14:57 am »
Ho ok, i'm not very aware of your team members :)