Author Topic: GSM Compound Queststopper  (Read 1408 times)

PleaseFixTheQueststopper

• Noob
    • View Profile
GSM Compound Queststopper
« on: December 19, 2015, 02:56:32 pm »
Just registered to let the devs know that the annoying queststopper regarding Gorsky's GSM Compund task is still present in 1.0.

When choosing to persuade Gorsky that it's impossible to find the key card, he and his unit will leave the GSM Compound. Afterwards, Gorsky can be found at the shooting range, but neither him nor Tanner offer any dialog options that would let the player progress the story.

The "Retrieve the key card [...]" entry in the questlog is marked as failed, while the "Do tasks for Gorsky" one is still active after Gorsky returns to base.

A fix that doesn't require players to start anew would be highly appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:58:39 pm by PleaseFixTheQueststopper »

danielzaiser91

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: GSM Compound Queststopper
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:17:41 am »
I dont understand this issue, since when i persuated him and succeeded he gave me the card and i could access the terminal right next to the gate to open it.

Are you talking about failing the persuation check and this triggering your bug?

Hm, i really dont understand whats the problem, sorry.

PleaseFixTheQueststopper

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 01:39:27 pm »
As stated, this is about sucessfully persuading Gorsky that it is impossible to find the key card, i.e. the player was not able to find it despite scouring all 3 levels of the building.

The dialog option popped up when I told him that there are civilians held captive by raiders on the lowest level before I retrieved the key card. Not sure whether one has to actually find out about that in order for the dialog option to appear, but that is not the point anyways.

What you described is a different scenario, in which you had already found the card and handed it over to Gorsky by the time you attempted to persuade him.

Edit: By the way, this bug isn't exactly new. There has been a Steam discussion regarding this very issue -> http://steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/0/527274088399764195/
Granted the people in that thread had already found the key card by the time they talked to Gorsky, but they are referring to the same persuasion option (prompting the same result when successful).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:54:32 pm by PleaseFixTheQueststopper »

IceCoolTea

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 09:10:22 am »
I have came to report the same issue.

I wrote in detail here. Should I start a new character?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/0/494632768633047581/