Author Topic: Dev Log #45: Game Released  (Read 7709 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Dev Log #45: Game Released
« on: December 18, 2015, 09:23:00 pm »
Hi guys. As most of you are aware by now, we've finally released the 1.0.0.0 version.

Development of this game has been one interesting 7 year adventure for me. First it was a one man part-time (read: night-time) hobby project where the basis for all that is to come was laid out. Then it was a one man full-time mad scientist sort of operation that gave birth to most of the game mechanics seen today. And then lastly, as a three man project during which the amount and quality of the content expanded far beyond my original intentions and even hopes.

(fan-collage by Blaine)

But all this would not have been possible if there was not a deep-seeded desire for this kind of gaming experience, still echoing from the void left by the departure of classical western RPGs, present in you, the players. So, personally and on behalf of the team, I thank you for patiently supporting us throughout the years and I hope that the final product is to your liking.

We'll still be here, supporting the game by ironing out any remaining bugs and applying some more polish here and there. As for what happens next, we'll discuss that when the dust settles. Stay tuned.

Soler

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #45: Game Released
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 09:28:08 pm »
Congrats! Have a beer on me and go enjoy some much deserved time off. Looking forward to bright things :D

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 09:54:47 pm »
That's the best ending of the Year of Incline i could imagine.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 10:57:23 pm »
Whooo! Congratulations!

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 12:24:18 am »
Grandiose work you did there, Styg. Thank you not only for making an awesome game, but also for proving that a complex RPG doesn't have to be riddled with mechanical cruft. Underrail manages to be accessible without being dumbed down, and deep without being obtuse, which is sadly a rather rare thing nowadays, it seems.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

Diggfinger

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 10:30:24 am »
Thanks for making an awesome game!
Im following GOG to get an idea of how well it sells...so far 2nd place, lets hope it stays there  :D

Jazhara7

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 12:10:55 pm »
Congratulations!

I already got a copy for my boyfriend, so he can play it too. He saw me playing for days before the beta started, and he was quite interested. Now we can both enjoy it. ^_^

( Tchey )

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 01:59:57 pm »
/applauds

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 06:41:30 am »
I'll just say this:

Čestitatmo!!!

Barrelsoup Chef

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Gamer since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 01:48:27 am »
Styg, congratulations. When I played the demo a few years back I knew this was gonna be good stuff! 10/10 - You nailed it!
Gameplay, that's the reason why I PLAY a GAME

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 03:01:53 pm »
You did a fantastic job at this game. I still can't believe that a few people managed to make game better than most large developers, including inXile. Sure Wasteland 2 is fine and I don't miss my $65, but as I was playing it the sense of compromise everywhere didn't leave me. A constant current of drawbacks: broken balance, shallow locations, linear progression, many obvious mistakes in UI design etc. It makes you believe that it's impossible to do a game properly these days without resorting to modding. So many developers like Bethesda just gave up on proper game design and like "why bother? They will mod it like they want anyway." but THIS game... It just nailed it. The core mechanics of the game just WORK, no need for mods to fix it. Things that could be improved are not critical and I mostly want a modding community for world/story expansion.

Just.. thank you. I'm urging everyone I know who likes good RPGs to buy it. I really hope that the sales will eventually be satisfactory enough so you won't feel exhausted but rather grow stronger as a developer and give birth to some more gems like this in the future.