Author Topic: cant attack  (Read 1217 times)

danielzaiser91

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
cant attack
« on: December 15, 2015, 01:25:56 am »
Hi,

i encountered this bug several times now, on multiple occassions i can not attack an enemy that is in melee range.
My guess is that on their turn they dont move to the center of a tile, but to the edge, rendering them untargetable for some reason.

Thanks for listening, hope this get fixed before release.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:22:24 am by danielzaiser91 »

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: cant attack
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 03:43:07 am »
I also have high hopes that this bug gets fixed as it is one of those that effect gameplay the most. Your guess is pretty good. This is what I think is the issue behind it:
The melee range is very limited, it's less then 1 tile actually but no two characters can stand on a same tile. This has the consequence that a NPC (or the player) can stands between two or more tiles when the turn based mode was initiated while he was moving or when he didn't have enough MP to complete his movement to the desired tile. If there are enough "free" tiles around him your character will move to the tile he can attack from and strike, but if there is only one tile next to the enemy and he's blocking it partially you won't be able to hit him with a melee weapon, or a melee based feat.

This can be tested easily with any melee enemy and a door, for example rathounds in the underground outposts with the fence doors. Spend all your MP with only 1 or 2 left and move to the last tile between you and the enemy. He won't be able to hit you because you're "barely" standing on a tile he would have to walk on but he can't because it counts as occupied. Like I said, the same applies to the enemy placing. The solution would be to increase the melee range just below 1 tile so you can't hit enemies across 1 whole tile but can hit those that partially stand on it.