Author Topic: Just bought the game, should I wait or should I start to play?  (Read 2373 times)

zackiz

• Noob
    • View Profile
Just bought the game, should I wait or should I start to play?
« on: December 13, 2015, 03:24:16 pm »
So, I just bought the game, excited about it's prospect but when I started it up, i started thinking, should I wait for release? I mean, I assume there is going to be a patch at release, is that patch going to contain a lot of missing content or it is more patch full of fixes?

Basically, am I better of waiting or doesn't it really matter?

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Just bought the game, should I wait or should I start to play?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 03:46:04 pm »
Save files from the EA build won't be transferable to the full release so you're better off waiting. You can wait 5 days, no?

zackiz

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 03:48:34 pm »
Ye, i can wait. Im mostly became concerned about spoilers and if the save files arnt transferable, then that pretty much decides it.

Thank you!

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 03:34:01 am »
You should wait for the game yes, but the game mechanics are pretty complex so it would be advisable to understand atleast the basic parts of how it works. I suggest you browse through the wiki a bit beforehand: http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Don't worry it won't spoil your fun but on the other hand chosing random stats because it seems to fit whatever role you had in mind will most likely lead to a gimped character that will have a difficult time.

( Tchey )

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 10:07:42 am »
I would say, play it a little, so you can feel the game and see what does what. Then, start over with a better understanding about what you're doing. I do this for all games where i can't change my previous choices.

Diggfinger

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 08:59:45 pm »
My goal is to "finish" (as much as possible) the beta version. Then, once Im ready, play the final version to see all the changes and improvements. Be like getting a new game  8)