Author Topic: Disassemble always available (with some changes)  (Read 2471 times)

VStraken

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Disassemble always available (with some changes)
« on: July 31, 2015, 12:04:23 am »
Hello there,

Just got the game a few days ago and have been having a blast! I've gotten into the crafting portion of it and am liking it so far but one thing has been on my mind ever since getting the Disassemble feat - it just doesn't seem right that it's a feat and not an always available thing to do - I mean, if your character is skilled enough to put something together, I feel like it should come naturally to be able to take it or other similar things apart (though not perfectly). I will also admit that I find it costly to have to put 2 of those precious ability points into intelligence just to get said perk!

Given that, here's my suggestion - remove Disassemble as a perk and make it available to all characters immediately, but have the ability to disassemble a given item and the quality of the parts gained from disassembling said item be based on the mechanics/electronics/etc. skill and/or intelligence of the character in addition to the quality of the disassembled item.

Thoughts? I'll say again that I am loving this game so far, it almost feels like playing Fallout 1/2 for the first time all over again, although I certainly am missing the voices - but that's another, very forgivable issue given what's already here. Thanks!

EDIT: Gonna take back what I said about humor, playing further has allowed me to encounter some rather amusing dialog and tidbits. Keep it up!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:44:16 am by VStraken »