Author Topic: Traders  (Read 1367 times)

Frank

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Traders
« on: July 14, 2015, 10:50:14 pm »
Why do traders only buy a certain amount of items and only change inventory after 90 minutes?
What is the reasoning there? To limit the players funds? Well we know that obviously doesn't work, seeing as players are running around with thousands of charons. I heard a few people say that they leave the game running so that the inventory refreshes. I stopped playing for an hour and a half because I needed a specific part for a certain craft. If you want to make the economy harsher you should make traders charge more and pay less. If you want to force the player to play with suboptimal gear the condition for restocking should be something other than real time or just existing in the world shouldn't be free, you need to drink eat etc. I don't like it but that would be an actual incentive to play while not geared up.

The randomness of the stock carried by traders. I don't know how many times I pressed the F9 key while playing this game, not because I died mind you, but because I wanted something from the trader. Someone made a suggestion about super steel. Pay more for the chance of higher quality. You pay 3k you can get between 80-170, pay 4k you get 90-170, 5k 100-170, with maximum being let's say 120-170. The numbers are not as important as the idea. You pay more you get more. I think that's a great idea that should be implemented with traders as well. Some sort of black market where you can order specific items. You can control the minimal quality of the item somewhat and you can obviously control what item you're getting. The problem is that ordering it is much more costly than stumbling on it at a trader and buying it. You are paying for the guarantee of getting what you pay for.

These design decisions, whatever the reasoning behind them is, seem to waste more actual time than anything else.