Author Topic: The best shield emitter for a dodge/evasion build?  (Read 7467 times)

Grombolar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
The best shield emitter for a dodge/evasion build?
« on: June 26, 2015, 12:42:48 pm »
Am still muddled of shields & their strenghts, so what'd be the best one for a sneaky thief with maximum movement points, who is also "master crafter"?

Obviously not what was mentioned @ http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.0 (thanks for the tips Ruigi & UnLimiTeD!), as metal armour is out of question  :-[

Ruigi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: The best shield emitter for a dodge/evasion build?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 04:02:52 pm »
A dodge evasion build will use light armor, which has low resistances but doesn't get hit as often.

The best shield for this type of build will have high thresholds, meaning that most of the damage of the attack is absorbed by the shield.

Leather armor has poor energy resistance, so it would be best to use dual high or medium frequency shield modulators.

If you attach two modulators to your shield, the effects will be cumulative.

The best shield for a high dodge/evasion build is two high quality high/med freq modulators with a high quality power core and a capacity upgrade.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 05:55:07 pm »
Speaking of upgrade:
It's always a high capacity upgrade, maybe barring lightly armoured psionicists.
The higher threshold isn't useful and has a penalty attached. and the capacitor is unnecessary most of the time.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Grombolar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 08:47:56 pm »
Interesting, thanks much for the help guys!  :D

Atchodas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 08:51:00 pm »
Very helpful thread , lol i was running heaviest armors with 2x High frequency shield for no effect and it never lasted more than 1 turn, now crafted double low frequency shield and it is way better i can use it for multiple fights even .

Grombolar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 06:14:19 am »
Very helpful thread , lol i was running heaviest armors with 2x High frequency shield for no effect and it never lasted more than 1 turn, now crafted double low frequency shield and it is way better i can use it for multiple fights even .
Haha, I had that exact issue as well, thinking High freq would be the best choice against energy weapons...  :-[