Author Topic: Lack of Directions  (Read 10772 times)

Climbatiz

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of Directions
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 04:02:40 pm »
i think it would be nice if every map had a name and when you hover over the RED bar to cross into a new map it would display the map name

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 05:14:01 pm »
Maybe Bret or Harold should explicitly mention "Get some TNT, Lucas has some reserved for you"?
And maybe arrows on the elevator pick list to drive home the point the caves are, in fact, down?
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

RailNomad

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 11:02:10 am »
Map is not necessary, but giving each sector a name would improve the experience. A small box in the corner displaying Caves A 1 would definitely help in navigating.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 12:57:59 pm »
The problem there is that then you'd find a door to "Secret hideout of ..." or the like.
That might give things away.^^

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Lurker King

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 03:16:46 pm »
Ok, I give up. I can play without a map, but the game would be much more enjoyable with a map. Not only because it would be more pratical, but because it would also emphasize how big the tunnels and caves are. 

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2015, 07:41:04 pm »
No argument there.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2015, 04:34:25 am »
Also let's bear in mind that a map will exist 100% for sure. Someone will map the underrail and post it out so that everyone can have a map. But wouldn't it be much better if the devs implemented an ingame map that will add regions as you explore them? It saves the trouble of tabbing out to check the map on the browser or having to print it.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2015, 11:24:01 am »
The question is more if it's worth the effort, as I think few would argue the usefulness of such a mechanic.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2015, 12:13:22 pm »
The abillity to not having to draw a hand drawn map, having to remember a huge cave system not have to refer to an external site for such a map is surely more than worth the efforth. Doing a map is simple, it shouldn't take more than a day's work, probably not even that much.

If so many people have asked this already, surely it's not a wasted feature, but hey if some people don't like it, they just have to not click the map key.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2015, 02:33:43 pm »
You have to first click the map key, then create a whole new interface panel for it, think about how to layer up the maps (which span multiple height levels and are often above each other, and then think of names for anything worth of notice.
Having a graphical representation for the major features of those areas would also be not strictly necessary, but sort of expected.
All in all, I'd definitely file that as more than a days work.
Maybe they'll do it? Possible. But I think they have more pressing needs on their path to release.

Atchodas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2015, 02:38:59 pm »
And maybe arrows on the elevator pick list to drive home the point the caves are, in fact, down?

Damn really :D ,

Orientating in Underrail is kinda hard atm , well i could say i dont care anymore because its hard only first time , but new players will post same topics again and again imo .