Author Topic: Skills for slow'n Heavy  (Read 3244 times)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Skills for slow'n Heavy
« on: May 13, 2015, 04:26:53 pm »
I think heavy armour characters have too little Incentive to spend skillpoints, especially on defense.
I think that should change (barring diminishing income of skillpoints, which I'd infinitely prefer, but it's not going to happen).

So, long story short, suggestions:

Skill:
Pry Open (Someone please find a better name)
Allows you to open Containers and low security doors by force.
Stat: Strength
Flow:
Code: [Select]
Skill based on Strength.
Doors can be opened with a skill requirement of electronics/lockpicks *1.5, capped at 100 and excluding quest specific areas.
In controlled zones, this counts as an attack.
Unless specifically coded otherwise, all chests and containers can be opened with a skill requirement of electronics/lockpicks *1.2.
Upon success, items in the container will be checked.
If the item has quality, the remaining quality is reduced by a random %.
If the Item has quantity, it will be reduced by one.
Synergy:
10% Mechanics

Feat:
Efficient Movement
Reduces the effect of Armour Penalty on movement by 10% and +1% for every 10 points in Evasion/Dodge and 15 points in Melee.

The thought is basically that a movement skill would be stupid, but heavy armour characters don't need to spend skills on defense, while lightly armoured characters generally have a strong incentive to do so.
Creating a feat that allows dodge and evasion to at least grant some bonus to heavy armour will at least give those characters the option to spend those points, though they don't have to.
I first thought about just reducing the armour penalty, capped at 15% (to stack with Nimble), but that would have killed Heavy Weight.

Obviously, a heavy assault rifle build can ignore either and still has enough skill points for crafting, hacking, and lockpicking.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

SagaDC

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Skills for slow'n Heavy
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 06:36:11 pm »
Pry Open (Someone please find a better name)

Maybe "Smash and Grab"? Or maybe something more basic, like "Brute Force" or "Breaking and Entering". Might be a good feat to synergize with the crowbar tool that already exists in-game.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 02:55:27 am »
That's precisely what I intended, but I forgot to mention it.  :D go me.  :P
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 07:47:48 pm »
I really like the idea but the quality/quantity reduction seems a bit harsh. I'd simply add a small chance to brake the item inside. Techically the item then gets "recycling" aplied to it, leaving bunch of scraps behind. lol

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 02:33:36 am »
A good idea, would make Heavy Armor and Sledge Hammer Builds Playable.

A somewhat sarcastic Feat name would be "forgotten key". Picture could be a Man with Big Muscles a Stupid Face a great Hammer and some ? ? ? over his head.^^

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 04:14:35 am »
A somewhat sarcastic Feat name would be "forgotten key". Picture could be a Man with Big Muscles a Stupid Face a great Hammer and some ? ? ? over his head.^^

This picture actually happened with me once. I forgot a key from locker (worked in a factory), so I was forced to ise Hammer lol. )))

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 06:46:39 pm »
What a coincidence lol