Author Topic: Can't shoot without moving a square even though the enemy can  (Read 2008 times)

RailNomad

• Zoner
    • View Profile
This happens from time to time: the enemy is able to shoot you but you're not without moving. I don't know how to reproduce it exactly, but it has happened many times. Usually this is not a big issue, but if you get trapped so that enemy can shoot you but you can't shoot back without moving a square it's annoying.

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Can't shoot without moving a square even though the enemy can
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 08:02:57 pm »
This might purely be an issue of lighting.  Rarely are you on equal grounds/better in the dark tunnels and corridors, thus you can easily find the lamp behind you some ways is providing just enough illumination that the enemy sees you moments before vice versa.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 09:09:59 pm »
It's only really annoying if you can't actually move at the time without shooting someone else first.
So yeh, happens. It's rare, though. A lot more common with melee.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

RailNomad

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 09:50:06 pm »
This might purely be an issue of lighting.  Rarely are you on equal grounds/better in the dark tunnels and corridors, thus you can easily find the lamp behind you some ways is providing just enough illumination that the enemy sees you moments before vice versa.
it's not about lightning. Also, a lot more often, the game calculates incorrectly the amount of mp+ap needed to move and shoot so that you move and realize that you cannot shoot after all.