Author Topic: Transparent Cave walls  (Read 5406 times)

RailNomad

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Transparent Cave walls
« on: May 18, 2015, 10:44:43 pm »
This is probably the biggest annoyance in the ui currently, unability to see thing in caves. Transparency works with buildings, please add it to caverns too.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Transparent Cave walls
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 04:58:22 pm »
Are you talking about the "HIGHLIGHT" function which automatically forces transparency and reveals all objects/containers/charcters? I'm sure it works in all assets, including the caves. I use that button so often that I even have it remapped to the mouse.

RailNomad

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 05:41:03 pm »
Are you talking about the "HIGHLIGHT" function which automatically forces transparency and reveals all objects/containers/charcters? I'm sure it works in all assets, including the caves. I use that button so often that I even have it remapped to the mouse.
That works, but I think transparency should be automatically on when you or enemies are behind those walls. I've been attacked several times by little creatures that were creeping behind the walls, but I had no idea they are there.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 07:09:12 pm »
That button reveals enemies just alike but I agree it should work automatically. They can't hide behind a wall, however it doesn't work for doors and it's extremly annoying.
For some reason when it comes to targeting the game prefers doors instead of characters making it impossible to click on enemies which are completely obscured behind an opened door. In some cases you are lucky to be left with a few free pixels making the enemy clickable for a fraction of a second because of the character animation.

Targeting is generally horrible in Underrail because it's completely sprite instead of tile-based, meaning if you're just one pixel off the target you set the command to walk there instead of using the object or attacking. Opening a fence door is just a mild nuissance but losing all your MP+AP because you wanted to shoot but your character walks is a problem indeed, especially for someone like me who plays permadeath. Such little mistake is almost as bad as being stunned and can mean the end.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:11:01 pm by Wildan »

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 07:26:08 pm »
I agree to a very small point as was brought up, something like doors, and even shelves and any other object, is not made transparent and I've actually had corpses, sometimes very important ones I need to loot, fall behind a shelf whereby it is almost(sometimes is) impossible to find the sprite to click on. What button we have to highlight stuff is very useful, but having another that made all things transparent Except corpses would have its use, even if rare, as otherwise you reload and try not to fuck it up.  Some areas are cluttered in that regard and it is a pain. 

A minor gripe/issue, really.