Author Topic: A Super Steel Addict's minor quibble.  (Read 4655 times)

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
A Super Steel Addict's minor quibble.
« on: May 18, 2015, 03:02:41 pm »
Is it really neccessary to travel all the way to Gloria to give Charons to create super steel, leave,  and the return after a period to recieve them?
It would be more convenient to not have to traverse three whole maps four times just to get that done by just having to deal with Leone on Foundry's doorstep. She is the metal merchant and a player who wants steel shaping is going to visit her eventually. Just let the steel be delivered to her for pick up, even better if the charons could also be delivered through her. It would also be less of a hassle to know whether the steel has been produced already from her without having to make the trip up north. I know Bernard is lonely and all ,but I'm tired of seeing his mug. Plus he already has Gloria.

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: A Super Steel Addict's minor quibble.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 06:14:39 pm »
Is it necessary? I think it is, part of the trek, the variation in your result at the furnace, and the costs are all a part of the end system where you can throw juts massive amounts of cash for one of the end tier crafting items.  It keeps down on savescumming abuse as well, to me, and I am kinda for the way things are in light of this.

RailNomad

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 08:24:05 pm »
Is it really neccessary to travel all the way to Gloria to give Charons to create super steel, leave,  and the return after a period to recieve them?
It would be more convenient to not have to traverse three whole maps four times just to get that done by just having to deal with Leone on Foundry's doorstep. She is the metal merchant and a player who wants steel shaping is going to visit her eventually. Just let the steel be delivered to her for pick up, even better if the charons could also be delivered through her. It would also be less of a hassle to know whether the steel has been produced already from her without having to make the trip up north. I know Bernard is lonely and all ,but I'm tired of seeing his mug. Plus he already has Gloria.
Agreed. Savescumming can be avoided (if wanted) using pregenerated random numbers. Overall Foundry needs a little redesign. Currently it's walk walk walk and significant people are a bit of a trouble to locate.

Good questlines and good feeling, just needs to be a bit more compact.

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 11:50:57 pm »
Is it necessary? I think it is, part of the trek, the variation in your result at the furnace, and the costs are all a part of the end system where you can throw juts massive amounts of cash for one of the end tier crafting items.  It keeps down on savescumming abuse as well, to me, and I am kinda for the way things are in light of this.

I don't see how much a dent this causes in savescumming considering the quality is generated when you give your money rather than when you pick up the plates. The time it takes to make the plates seem like enough of a deterrent to me.

Marcus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 11:18:37 pm »
I completely agree with that.
Also, The Foundry seems to crash more easily than other locations when the game runs out of memory.

RailNomad

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 06:04:15 pm »
How is the time needed to wait calculated? It's not real-world time as in if you save and come back a few hours later the plates are not ready. But what if you leave the game running?

I'd prefer to have the plates immediately or at least the delay should be somehow transparent, so that you know what has to happen before the plates are ready.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 05:06:29 pm »
I'd love to be able to use beds or portable sleeping rolls to advance time. Would be particularly useful in the Foundry but on the other side this would make merchant limits pointless as many players would simply camp the merchant shops until they sold all their junk.