Author Topic: Blades and Spike Mods for Other Armors  (Read 1092 times)

SagaDC

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Blades and Spike Mods for Other Armors
« on: May 13, 2015, 01:34:46 am »
I know we're pretty late in development now, but I was wondering why Spikes and Blades aren't available as armor mods for other types of armor. I can understand not having it for something like the Tactical Vest, given the lack of surface space to cover with pointy bits, but sticking spikes or blades on leather armor or riot armor wouldn't be too far-fetched - heck, at least a few of the stock character portraits show folks wearing leather jackets with spikes on them.

From a balance standpoint, it's easy enough to just toss in a slightly higher armor penalty when attaching those mods (I think +3% is the standard penalty for sticking them on boots and metal armor). About the only minor balance concern I can think of is that it might give one more source of bleeding wounds to a moderately armored Bleeder-build (Evisceration, Taste for Blood, Vile Weapons), but since the associated Feats were all toned down over the past few patches I'm not sure if that's something to worry about too much.