Author Topic: Stats and Skills calculator  (Read 36429 times)

jagged-jim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Stats and Skills calculator
« on: May 10, 2015, 09:38:25 am »
I created a simple calculator to plan out my characters, so wanted to share it.

It is a simple html file (attached) - open it with your favourite browser. Calculation is in the java script tag <script>...</script>. Feel free to modify and distribute it however you want.

Usage:
0. Open with browser...
1. Just start assigning stats and skills either by entering numbers or using buttons.
2. Stat/Skill pool balance will indicate if your character is valid for the choosen level. (Negative pool is obviously bad.)
3. Skill value is read as follows: [skill] (effective skill) [skill balance - negative if max value per level breached]
4. Increase Level to obtain more skill points and a stat each 4. level.

All synergies are considered. Calculations are done according to underrail wiki.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 11:12:44 am by jagged-jim »

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Stats and Skills calculator
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 10:13:25 am »
Nope! Your calculator does it wrong. :P Synergies cannot boost skills beyond their maximum for your current level.
What does this mean exactly? I've heard it mentioned but if that means that the number in parentheses in the skills menu isn't used for skill checks that doesn't seem right.

jagged-jim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 10:14:39 am »
You mean synergies cannot boost effective skill? Because i only added the boost to the effective skill, not the raw skill value.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 10:43:38 am »
You're absolutely right. I just did a little calculating in game, skill synergies don't improve a skill beyond the max you can increase it via skill points for that level. I guess I didn't realize because I didn't know how big the skill bonuses for stats were.

So there's very little point in skill synergies for skills you're already maxing out, but having high levels in one skill can mean you can put a few points in a skill that gets a bonus from it and bring it up to a usable level maybe. Verryyy interesting...

jagged-jim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 11:15:10 am »
Yep, just checked the wiki. Fixed the calculator accordingly - attached file modified in OP.

Nice tool epeli.
In my calc i tried to allow faster stat and skill assignment. So you don't have to assign levels before you increase skills :)

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 12:04:21 pm »
I've just added epeli's character creator to the character creation page on the wiki (with their permission), jagged jim would you like to add yours? Just so people have a choice of tools to use. I'm not sure how it'd work, as I'm unsure how filehosting works on wikis, or whether it could added as its own wiki page or something.

jagged-jim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 12:42:17 pm »
As epeli's tool is already hosted (and looks pretty cool), i guess it should be used/linked. I'll look into wiki, maybe i'll attach mine somewhere.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 01:03:35 pm »
Cheap Shots needs only 6 dex to be chosable, your calculator demands 7 (the tooltip is correct though).
Would it be able to represent all values through the url? When hosted it would allow easy build sharing with url links.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 02:37:19 pm »
Epeli are the exact formulas known in the way how component quality affects weapon damage, armor resistances etc? I planed to make an item crafting chart in Excel (I suck at Java) in a similar way like I did for the game "Dead State".
Look here: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,6338.0.html Unlike in Underrail the weapon values are fixed though so it would get way more complicated.
I attached the .xlsx file here in the case it won't display for unregistered users.

Btw. I recommend that game strongly for anyone enjoying Underrail. The game developer is a small team and just like here they interact alot with the community for feedback.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 02:41:55 pm »
Loading from URL is a great idea, I should have done that instead of cookies in the first place! It should be possible to implement, at least I hope so. The web redirect I use might be problematic with that. I'll have to look into it at some point.

Make sure to use some kind of compression on the string for stats or you're going to end up with 500 character long URLs

Jamolotl

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 05:05:22 pm »
Very helpful, thanks guys. : )

Atchodas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 05:13:05 pm »
Very nice , is there any way to see what stats n skills n feats are added each level when you share your build ?

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 07:41:56 pm »
Power Management should have INT requirement of 7.

Sykar

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 01:57:00 pm »
Really useful tool, thanks for your efforts.

( Tchey )

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2015, 08:04:08 pm »
Hello,

Is this up to date with the Release version 1.0.0.1 ?

Thanks