Author Topic: 0 damage taken, still losing HP  (Read 3643 times)

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
0 damage taken, still losing HP
« on: April 24, 2015, 02:01:03 pm »
So I've noticed a rather odd issue in playing lately. Despite having huge DT (for the point in the game I'm at at least), and the combat log saying I'm taking 0 damage, whenever I get hit, on ANY hit, I take at least 1 point of damage from my HP, and I have no idea why. It goes away if I close the game and reload, but then it came back again for some reason.

I think it might be an issue with the sturdy vest? My character's wearing a tactical vest with a sturdy vest as the base and I've never seen it  happen with tactical vests that use other vests as a base.

Not really sure how I can help troubleshoot or reproduce this sorry, but I'm willing to help however I can.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: 0 damage taken, still losing HP
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 02:17:41 pm »
It's probably more due to rounding, but intriguing nonetheless.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 02:29:03 pm »

Yeah I thought that might be it too, but I'm not sure? If it was rounding it'd be intermittent I think, unless it's the damage value not being cleared correctly or something?

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 05:01:00 am »

I think I actually took more than one damage with immunity before, so I'm not sure it's just rounding.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 11:17:42 am »
I managed to get some screenshots to illustrate the problem

In the first screenshot, I have 156 health and am fighting some rathounds. The only actual damage that got through my armor was a crit that hit for 5 points, all the other missing health is from 0 damage hits that still did damage to me.

In this second image I have 153 HP, but if you look at the damage log, not only did I take zero damage from all attacks, but I took THREE hitpoints of damage from TWO attacks. If this was just a rounding error where >0 is a minimum of one damage this would not happen, instead I'm taking damage that isn't being accounted for in the combat log, which should be directly displaying everything.

There's clearly something strange going on here.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 01:12:07 pm by SadBaxter »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 12:18:38 pm »
As of 0.1.14.2, damage resistance is capped at 95% for player. Check your combat stats window.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 01:23:29 pm »
As of 0.1.14.2, damage resistance is capped at 95% for player. Check your combat stats window.

All that damage is being blocked by damage threshold though, there should be nothing that needs resisting (unless that's been changed as well?).

Plus it's also intermittent. I restarted the game, then reloaded a save from before that fight and went to the rathounds again. First few attacks it goes as normal, no damage from the attacks as they can't get through my damage threshold, only damage was from one rathound that managed to land a crit on me and do 2 damage.

Next round the combat log shows a whole lot of zeroes and I'm still losing health, despite none of the attacks I took doing any more damage than my damage threshold.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 07:36:39 pm »
Hmm... can you upload the save?

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 12:40:04 am »
Hmm... can you upload the save?

Here's a save from the area with the rathounds if you want to test it out with the same enemies I did https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dw8imfgy7howlw/rats.zip?dl=0
And here's one that's a kind of "home base" save https://www.dropbox.com/s/p67h7b47q40w4e0/Baxter%203.zip?dl=0

I'm not 100% sure what the trigger is but I think it's related to the sturdy vest I'm using in my armor.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 02:50:41 pm »
Fixed for the future. It was indeed cause by the vest that provided extra health.

It only happens when you're not on max health. That's why you had trouble reproducing it.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 04:30:34 pm »
Fixed for the future. It was indeed cause by the vest that provided extra health.

It only happens when you're not on max health. That's why you had trouble reproducing it.

Ahh, so it was the sturdy vest then. Guess I'll be avoiding using those until next patch.

For reference the sturdy vest also has a visual bug, a complete sturdy vest (vest and insert) with no overcoat uses the sprite for a biohazard vest instead.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 07:27:10 am »
For reference the sturdy vest also has a visual bug, a complete sturdy vest (vest and insert) with no overcoat uses the sprite for a biohazard vest instead.

Fixed. Cheers.