Author Topic: Crafting? Hmmmm.  (Read 1686 times)

jackdcuna

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Crafting? Hmmmm.
« on: April 11, 2015, 05:16:39 pm »
Playing the game with a guns guy now. Friggin loving it like a fiend. Awesome in many, many ways. My guy's high int, combined with good dex and high per, makes him a great crafter as well.

Now, here's the thing about crafting items I wanted to ask:
We can make explosives, we can make plasma pistols, chemical guns, firearms, boots, armor.
But will we be able to eventually craft lockpicks and Haxxors?
I think it would be a good addition if we could do that, like upgrade lockpicks from Mk I to Mk II to Mk III to eventually some sort of lockpick that degrades after several uses rather than simply a once and done (like it gets 2-3 uses before it gets broke kind of deal).
I'd also like the ability to build my own Haxxor units based on electrical and hacking skills available. Not simply upgrade things like their hacking ability, but also energy usage, energy storage, etc.

Also, with regards to other weapons: Flamethrowers as a viable option by chance? Maybe some sort of napalm thrower that shoots balls of fire? (So it doesn't chew up too much of your time with animating, etc.)

Love the regenerative jackets BTW. Plan on turning them into anti-rifle ballistic vests.

Also, is there someplace where I can find a list of items that I can add to specific armors and weapons? Like, what can I add to plasma pistols and lasers, what can I add to explosives, etc.

Also: Dammit, give me the ability to enhance the damage of my tungsten serrated knife! Give me a shocking upgrade option like for the sledge!

Love this game so far.
Prayer is dignity of soul

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting? Hmmmm.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 10:33:57 pm »
You don't necessarily need high int given the unwavering 40 points a level and new cap of lvl 25, if you can play the long game and be patient enough to xp and spread the skills out evenly. Crafting lockpicks and haxxors just seems.... pointless, given that the first one are dirt cheap for basic picks and the haxxors are likewise other than batteries, and really never found so many electronic locks that it was an issue, and I open pretty much everythinggggg I come across.

Now, if you mean to craft them to get better bonuses, we already get that in the form of skill synergies, which appropriately give 10% and 20% to lockpicking and hacking.  There is also a unique lockpick/hacking tool that runs on batteries, gives a great bonus, but sucks up lots of power, somewhere in the game. Can't think where as never bothered to get it/just not gotten far enough.

I seen comments about flame-type such weapons in another thread, there was some code for them in the game hidden but it would be way too difficult to implement, and if anything, Styg preferred to try shotguns before that. Same cone problem, lot less work, or somesuch.  Combat code doesn't really allow it at present and brings up problems.  Anyway, closest you get is grenadier feat for now and molotov/magnesium/napalm stuff, or incid. pistols.   I think though there is a feat to make your psychic fire stuff go in a line, which is sorta like what you want, ish?

List of specific items? Like this http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Blueprint:_Tactical_Vest  ?  Go to bottom of page for rest I suppose if this fits your criteria.

About knives, usually there are feats that make you do things like crippling strikes, doubled poison stuff, etc., they are not buffed directly since, well, a knife is a knife.  There are shock blades around too I believe http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Blueprint:_Combat_Knife    ?