Author Topic: Dissambling  (Read 8513 times)

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Dissambling
« on: April 10, 2015, 11:54:21 am »
Hello,

i think atm Dissambling is not worth the Feat for 2 reasosns:

1) you need Intelligence 7

2) with enough cash i can buy all non Quality items easy without any Problems in shops and found them in loot. The Quality Items after you reached a High level under 100-110+ are not worth to use. And i think that you get never or only rare such High Quality from dissambling. Its easier to buy or loot them.

So thats atm more a Low level Spare cash Feat and for that 7 Intelligence are to high in my opinion, maybe 4-5 was ok.
One + for beginners is too that you can dissamble and sell the parts, but even that is hard with the new Economic. Its better spare the Feat slot for a other Feat you need more.

I found it by far better that you need the skills the Item is made from for dissambling and with higher skills the quality is better and you get more parts of it. THAT would be more Interesting for the reason that dissambling "Levels" with your skills up.

Im Wrong? Or missunderstud something?

Greetz

VN
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 11:57:29 am by VaeliusNoctu »

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Dissambling
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 12:24:10 pm »
It's generally dump(sad to say) feat =)
They are some others "dump feats" in this game as well(and in the similar games like Fallout 2) =P

P.S. With no quality loss it can be nice feat to take...

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 12:51:01 pm »
Maybe have it reduce quality by a slightly RNG amount that gets lower the better your respective skill, ending in a minimum 1 point that'll be 50% of the outcomes once the skills reach an arbitrary high number, say 100 or 110.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 01:41:56 pm »
The moment it reduced quality was the moment I skipped over it. Considering how mundane the lootable items are now and the new great crafting related feats, it just isn't worth it. Better to hoard components of similar quality until you can make an item better than the one you have already.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:46:58 pm by LightningMonk »

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 01:56:18 pm »
Right now I wouldn't use disassemble even if it was a regular blueprint. What's the point? The highest quality components already come as components in shops, not parts of generated items. You might find a low-quality weapon with a nice attachment once in a blue moon, but you'll probably find the components easier in shops.
Yep, for now only one good point in this feat - you can extract rare enchantments =)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 02:05:39 pm »
enchantments =)

*Cough cough* Excusez moi?

Did Dissasemble work with Skinner? ;D
It looks like I can Dissasemble leather armour, get that -10% quality skin, made a Leather armour again with that skin +20% - profit!
Sadly, you can't cycle it, quality just counts as +20%, skin itself didn't change.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:31:58 pm by Fenix »

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 02:38:10 pm »
*Cough cough* Excusez moi?

Did Dissasemble work with Skinner? ;D
If i remember correctly, leather armors can't be dissasembled(only limited set of items can be dissasembled in truth)...

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 03:16:04 pm »
Maybe allow the same feat to grant an option allowing you to fuse two components to one of average quality +10%?
That way, it'd be useful if you found a lot of samey stuff.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 02:51:08 am »
Maybe allow the same feat to grant an option allowing you to fuse two components to one of average quality +10%?
That way, it'd be useful if you found a lot of samey stuff.

Heh, would be kinda ridiculous getting 200 quality tichrome. 100 + 100 -> 110.  100 + 100 -> 110. 110 + 110 -> 120 etc etc  Although that would take what, 2^10 100 quality pieces?

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 10:29:56 am »
If you find that many, more power to you.
Though it would be 100, 121, 133...

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 03:19:10 pm »
The problem there of course is that int has no upper usefulness in crafting power.  Crafting 90 acid resist tabi boosts and 300 quality electroshock pistols(heh, everyone dies on turn one :D) would be silly.

Actually, that does sound like an interesting feat, if fleshed out a little.  Specifically to be more like fallout 3/vegas repair skill.  Something like:

Input: A and B of same type (Maximum of either is function of level, like Level * 5?  Means a 125 cap before the +quality)
Output C

A) Sort A and B's quality.
B) Take smaller quality and add 5% of it's quality to the bigger one's

Just so long as the output is somehow capped by level or area, not skill.  Doing it ala fallout 3 also means you wouldn't have to meld a bunch of lessers to wait for melding a bigger one, you can just meld any piece and have improvement.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:41:48 pm by Greep »

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 11:07:54 am »
Yeah after picking up disassemble with initial excitement I realized it's really not worthwhile. A 10% hit to quality means that it has extremely limited application, mainly for pulling random additional components (lasers, extended mags, etc.) off random dropped weapons/weapons you've outgrown. If there was no degradation in quality for disassembling ballistic weapons or tactical vests I'd be highly likely to pick it up, as it'd allow me to customize the odd random high-quality weapons I find from enemies or shops, and I could also continue to use the same vest while changing out better ballistic panels/ceramic plates. In those two instances it does make sense insofar as guns are designed to be disassembled quite easily, and ballistic vests are also designed to swap out damaged components with new ones, but this game has a design philosophy to which realism is secondary. That's not a fault or an insult either, that's just the decision that's been made from what I can see.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 01:15:28 am »
but this game has a design philosophy to which realism is secondary. That's not a fault or an insult either, that's just the decision that's been made from what I can see.

Agree. The author's vision - that's what I look for in games. )

Raven

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 08:33:47 pm »
This is an old topic, but the problem with this feat is still here...that it's useless. Yes you can get some rare add-ons, but it's not worth the feat point for minor convenience.

The logic with this feat is a fail too, since you are the one who assembled this gun/armor/device, so it's natural, that you can reverse it. Anyway here is a small ideas:

1)Maybe give us integrated ability to disassemble items with -10% quality, or you will lose 1 component totally? Since this feat is almost dead, why not integrate it in core mechanics?
2)Just make this feat a 100% up from 90%. Then it will be a good one for any heavy crafting builds. You can recraft on a go your items if you found a better part.
3)Another option is to left this feat as is, but add extra function: "swapping" this will be a new entry in crafting menu where you can drag and swap component with similar (scope with scope) ones. This will give us option to break item for parts, or upgrade our equipment.

I think boosting it to 100% is the most simple and best solution.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 02:10:23 am »
This is an old topic, but the problem with this feat is still here...that it's useless. Yes you can get some rare add-ons, but it's not worth the feat point for minor convenience.
It's much better than that.

First, when you disassemble and reassemble something, it's fixed.  That means its value, if you're selling it, can jump by potentially a huge amount.
Second, when you disassemble something like, say, a 5mm Hawker with a XM, you can put that on a .44 or a 8.6 Steel Cat and drastically increase the value of that XM.  Since the best-selling items have an increasing value multiplier based on the number of attached mods, going from a cheap crappy frame with 1 mod to an expensive frame with 2 mods is a huge deal.
Third, many of the items that you're really interested in don't have a quality value and don't suffer from the 10% hit.
Fourth, there may be a way to mitigate that 10% on the way.

Disassemble is the one feat that can most significantly increase the amount of money in the game.  If you're playing on the easier difficulty levels, that doesn't matter to you, but on Hard or DOMINATING, the economy is tweaked so that there's not infinite money any more.  Since there are, at a minimum, three big money sinks in the game, it can be quite nice to be able to afford all the optional stuff.  So, in effect, Disassemble makes opportunities available that a player otherwise wouldn't have.  That's a big impact for a single feat.

The feat most certainly isn't dead; it's merely specialized.  That's just fine.