Author Topic: 0.1.14 bugs  (Read 16227 times)

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: 0.1.14 bugs
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2015, 05:21:33 AM »
Yeah I failed to reproduce the AP bug, so it was probably an oversight.

Anyways, this happened to a converter on a shield I disassambled a while back.

Note sure if this was found yet, but this is at epion lab entrance

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:12:32 AM by Greep »

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 07:18:20 AM »
moar map stuff.

tch-entry, floor tile z-order glitch when you stand in the corner of the security room (where my cursor is)

up8, limbo entrances through walls (save from 0.1.13 though):

[[Underrail Wiki]] // character build tool: underrail.info.tm (thread)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 07:25:00 AM »
-lu raf-fixed

Hold on; does this mean the stuck bug is caused by map data rather than some kink in the pathfinding system?

Because it can happen almost everywhere, but not consistently. If you don't mind explaining what causes it, I could probably list more maps to be fixed. I'm guessing pathfinding doesn't use as high resolution grid as collision and thus you can get stuck on small/offgrid objects?

No, it's a pathfinding bug, but we also tend to avoid using small collision objects where possible so tweaking the collision is also an acceptable way of dealing with this. So, no, you don't need to report every place where happens, but if there's a place where collision occurs for no apparent reason (there's no object that should realistically block passage) - that you should report.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:48:06 AM by Styg »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2015, 07:26:55 AM »
Anyways, this happened to a converter on a shield I disassambled a while back.

Fixed for future generations.

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2015, 07:41:33 AM »
tch-entry Fixed
up8 Fixed
epion lab fixed

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 09:16:58 AM »

I swear I haven't seen shutters that can teleport window frames IRL :P

I don't know what could've gone wrong in my end at the psycho quest. Everything seemed to work normally.
I carefully damaged it a little bit to evaluate its resistances, hit it with a tranq bolt, ended combat and snuck away, waited for tranq bolt cd and repeated until it had low enough hp (about 70 IIRC) to become permastunned and turn neutral. Then a dialogue opened when approaching it and I managed to attach the pacifier. Then I returned to the lab, but Vuk was still screaming Psycho is on the loose and Rista didn't have any dialog options that would've let me finish the quest, but at least he still gave me more jobs.

-You win! :D Fixed shutters for the next update

-Hmmm... I tested the psycho quest again today and everything seemed to work fine. I stunned Psycho, placed pacifier and returned back - just like you did. I blame it on some bad voodoo stuff! Still, if you don't mind posting your save (before the quest would be perfect, but even after it is okay) I'll look into it and see if it really is voodoo or not. :D

-Also fixed the west wing hole dialog incorrectly stating that you will not get hurt if you jump down. Sorry about that!

6. Free Drones quest "Visit Junkyard hideout" seems to be bugged. No journal entry and door in Junkyard is closed. (but Trenton gave me this assignment)

I experienced that before the update actually and found a way to get it to work too; was related to my responses to the two leader guys  in the dialog as they are explaining that particular quest to you. Positive responses kinda made it buggy and not trigger but being neutral/negative got it to trigger, took me several tries but eventually worked as should.

You are right Gman, one of the responses was indeed buggy. Fixed it for the next patch, but you'll have to load the save before you talked to them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Other fixes:
-Daniel Arda should now properly sell Hercules.
-Milton's dialog fixed
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 09:27:39 AM by PhrygianDominant »

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2015, 08:50:46 PM »
-lu raf-fixed

Hold on; does this mean the stuck bug is caused by map data rather than some kink in the pathfinding system?

Because it can happen almost everywhere, but not consistently. If you don't mind explaining what causes it, I could probably list more maps to be fixed. I'm guessing pathfinding doesn't use as high resolution grid as collision and thus you can get stuck on small/offgrid objects?

No, it's a pathfinding bug, but we also tend to avoid using small collision objects where possible so tweaking the collision is also an acceptable way of dealing with this. So, no, you don't need to report every place where happens, but if there's a place where collision occurs for no apparent reason (there's no object that should realistically block passage) - that you should report.

Alright. I meant that you can get stuck almost everywhere with no visible objects blocking, but that seems to happen completely randomly and in random places. I remember that happening often in much older versions, so you might've already fixed whatever was the cause.

Here's another example where you get stuck always.
Epione labs stairs, about at the MP/AP transition point:

And more minor map bugs while I'm at it...
up4, one of the doors doesn't know its place:

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2015, 08:20:07 AM »
Was doing some, ahem, scavenging in a vacant house in Foundry, when I noticed the guard on a railing was somehow eyeballing me... through the second story wall that the house has visible while outside.  This house is just infront of the mayors place with the Chief, with that foundry Sniper guarding the rail just south of the mayors door. That's a me stealthed by the bed.
So yeah, best guard or map bug.

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 08:32:22 AM »
Looks like you found clark kent.

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2015, 09:12:17 AM »
up4 door should be fixed (hope so)
Foundry Sniper is no longer Supe... Clark Kent.

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2015, 08:42:32 PM »
Incendiary Chemical Ammo crafted with magnesium powder and napalm produces 20 and 30 vials respectively, but only uses 10 empty vials. I can't imagine that being on purpose.

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2015, 02:31:32 AM »
For unknown reasons, I have seemed to become invulnerable to w2c damage, dreads are giving me no damage at all rather than smashing me to bits like they did when I have 98% mech resist.  I have 100% mech resist, but that should only be 35% against w2c.

At a guess, I'd say it's because going over 100 causes dr to be set at 100 in any circumstance.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:36:05 AM by Greep »

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2015, 04:38:46 AM »
For unknown reasons, I have seemed to become invulnerable to w2c damage, dreads are giving me no damage at all rather than smashing me to bits like they did when I have 98% mech resist.  I have 100% mech resist, but that should only be 35% against w2c.

At a guess, I'd say it's because going over 100 causes dr to be set at 100 in any circumstance.
Well, that explains why Styg suddenly wanted to nerf 100% DR :P

In other news, tch-soff stairs don't know their place if you get too close.

And 0.1.14.1 apparently added "up to maximum of 10 turns." to blitz feat description, which isn't the case.
(But that's a lovely idea, splitting the bonus over multiple turns if it would give you more than 20 AP.)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2015, 09:44:27 AM »

No, it's just the case that being immune to certain damage types cannot be mitigated by any type of resistance reduction.

captainmeow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2015, 03:43:41 PM »

No, it's just the case that being immune to certain damage types cannot be mitigated by any type of resistance reduction.

I'm guessing this was the fix to stop people from killing the beast themselves :p