Author Topic: 0.1.14 bugs  (Read 16224 times)

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
0.1.14 bugs
« on: March 28, 2015, 12:06:25 AM »
edit: This thread is mostly for reporting minor content bugs introduced in version 0.1.14.

If you find any kind of bug while playing any 0.1.14.x alpha version, you can post it here or make a new thread, whichever is fine! It will get fixed as long as the devs hear about it.

original post:
maps
- tch-mainhall lower level is glitchy. You can walk off the level at both stairways leading down and you can get under the staircase leading to upper floor
- you can click on only one of the 3 labs signs (physics and chemistry dont work)
- utility station 7 terminal 6 can move the window frame by repeatedly toggling the emergency shutters

quest stuff
- Psycho quest doesn't complete properly. not in your notes and vuk keeps screaming psycho is on the loose. at least rista still gives more missions
- median samuel claims to give you 450 charons for the utility station 7 quest, but he actually gives 400. that lying bastard! :P
- notes for forsaken island quest mentions PI Georgis instead of Rista
- radio comms in the first T-ray quest go bonkers inside tch_mut, they tell you to head back west instead of south to the table

items, crafting
- cant craft the new mk2/3 emp nades/mines with the old blueprint
- you forgot to update the item/buff descriptions for the nerfed food items
- new blueprints (ammo, infused leather, flashbang) arent sold anywhere
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:38:15 PM by epeli »
[[Underrail Wiki]] // character build tool: underrail.info.tm (thread)

Marcus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: 0.1.14 bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 12:56:55 AM »
I found shock and contaminated bullets blueprints for sale, but only once each.

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 12:57:41 AM »
- tch-mainhall lower level is glitchy. You can walk off the level at both stairways leading down and you can get under the staircase leading to upper floor
I tought i fixed that at our play testing, cona check that out.

new blueprints (ammo, infused leather, flashbang) aren't sold anywhere
ammo is really rare, took me quite some time to get them, try the weapon traders around core city and sgs, Infused leather is only sold at the foundry and you need to finish the beast quest and talk after that to the guy standing by gloria (forgot his name), for flashbangs, going to check it out.

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 06:36:00 AM »
Possibly an old bug that hasn't gotten fixed.  Got a crash during assault on eddie in junkyard.  Hit space bar a few times, leading to "battle mode ending" and I watched my allies go at it in real time.  However, within a few seconds, maybe 3, an enemy popped into my view, and the game crashed, possibly because battle started again before an actual 6 second turn passed.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 01:45:34 AM »
quests
- PI Georgis' alcohol quest doesn't fail properly (note doesn't turn red) if you refuse to do it, yet you can't ask him about it again
- after finding Nevil, there's no option to tell him you've seen what goes on in the utility section, not even if you've talked to "sharp".

maps
- jumping down from tch-wwg deals ridiculously high 75% of max hp damage, despite the dialog implying that you would be able to get down without injuring yourself :x
- in tch-mu1, sections of the pipes in SW corner seem to be missing
- in tch-util2, the ventilation shaft behind jimbo ends abruptly?
- in tch-util2 ventilation shafts, a piece of floor is missing (behind the northmost vent, visible when it's open)
- in cc-up, the southwestmost exit grid tile doesn't work

- in lu-raf, I found a way to reliably reproduce the old pathing bug where your character gets seemingly randomly stuck. Maybe this could shed some insight to why it happens so it could finally be fixed?

Moving from the green tile to where I'm trying to move always results in you being stuck right there as seen in the screenshot. Trying to move to some of the tiles near the console also gets you stuck in similar fashion. The area just south of those red alarm lights has a bit glitchy pathing in general.

Altos

• Zoner
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 12:59:13 PM »
In lup-a2 there is an incomplete rock barricade at the exit to lu-a6. To be fair, there really isn't anything in lu-a6 and beyond for a low-level player to take advantage of, but the rest of that area is blocked off by rocks so I figured this was worth mentioning.

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 09:29:59 PM »
Stunned rather than dazed with thick skull feat via telepunch after being set on fire

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 08:39:17 AM »
-tch-mainhall fixed
-lab signs fixed
-tch-mu1 fixed
-lu raf-fixed

Can you please provide a screenshot or some more info about that vent at jimbo? Also a screenshot for the missing tile at util-2. I did't find any problems with the transitions at up-cc maybe make a screenshot so im 100% sure i look at the right tile.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 08:43:51 AM »

What do you mean? There's no new/old blueprints. They are the same regardless of when you studied them.

Marcus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 10:49:00 AM »
Not really a spelling mistake or a bug, but I'm posting it here:
The description of the Rapid Fire feats states that the cooldown is a single turn. The actual cooldown is two turns.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 10:50:21 AM »

- utility station 7 terminal 6 can move the window frame by repeatedly toggling the emergency shutters

quest stuff
- Psycho quest doesn't complete properly. not in your notes and vuk keeps screaming psycho is on the loose. at least rista still gives more missions
- median samuel claims to give you 450 charons for the utility station 7 quest, but he actually gives 400. that lying bastard! :P
- notes for forsaken island quest mentions PI Georgis instead of Rista
- radio comms in the first T-ray quest go bonkers inside tch_mut, they tell you to head back west instead of south to the table

- PI Georgis' alcohol quest doesn't fail properly (note doesn't turn red) if you refuse to do it, yet you can't ask him about it again
- after finding Nevil, there's no option to tell him you've seen what goes on in the utility section, not even if you've talked to "sharp".

-That's what shutters do in real life. :P But it'll get fixed if you insist...
-Psycho quest seems to work fine in my version, notes properly read its completed and Vuk talks to you normally. Anyone else having the same issue?
-Fixed. He is a lying bastard, shame on him! :)
-Fixed.
-Fixed.
-Also fixed.
-Will add that option at a later time.

Edit: Original message got cut in half. Grrrrrr!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:53:48 AM by PhrygianDominant »

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 04:50:48 PM »
Whoops, the quality of my bug reporting is clearly in a terrible decline.

What do you mean? There's no new/old blueprints. They are the same regardless of when you studied them.

I, uh, er... nevermind. I swear it wasn't updated when I last looked at it. ??? I blame Tchort's influence affecting my sanity.

-That's what shutters do in real life. :P But it'll get fixed if you insist...
-Psycho quest seems to work fine in my version, notes properly read its completed and Vuk talks to you normally. Anyone else having the same issue?

I swear I haven't seen shutters that can teleport window frames IRL :P

I don't know what could've gone wrong in my end at the psycho quest. Everything seemed to work normally.
I carefully damaged it a little bit to evaluate its resistances, hit it with a tranq bolt, ended combat and snuck away, waited for tranq bolt cd and repeated until it had low enough hp (about 70 IIRC) to become permastunned and turn neutral. Then a dialogue opened when approaching it and I managed to attach the pacifier. Then I returned to the lab, but Vuk was still screaming Psycho is on the loose and Rista didn't have any dialog options that would've let me finish the quest, but at least he still gave me more jobs.

Can you please provide a screenshot or some more info about that vent at jimbo? Also a screenshot for the missing tile at util-2. I did't find any problems with the transitions at up-cc maybe make a screenshot so im 100% sure i look at the right tile.
Sorry about that. I had a bunch of screenshots but I lost them when the forum ate my post since I just dump them at imgur anonymously :P

up-cc, unusable exit grid

tch-util2 ventilation shafts, missing floor and abruptly ending vent

Also, there is a minor graphical glitch at the "endgame area" of this version. Kind of spoilery I guess so here's a link to it: http://i.imgur.com/W4I7NiW.png
If it isn't visible and obvious, check your monitor contrast. Just in case, here's gammacorrected version to better illustrate it: http://i.imgur.com/JJikpHV.png

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 08:13:58 PM »
Haven't been able to test by crafting my own gun yet, but for  any found/bought smgs with a laser dot doesn't show the actual boost to hit % in its stats, and I didn't actually see a change as I tested just to if it was working and not showing me, but didn't seem to give a bonus to hit anyway as I used two identical guns, one with and one without. 

Also, from previous bug list,
Core City upper metro station - these barrels can only be accessed through wall:

and then
core city barrels fixed

That one barrel by the door though in that shop on the south-eastern area of the core city metro station, still buggy, and I can't get to it at all, even through the wall.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:26:14 PM by Gman »

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 03:40:28 AM »
I keep finding myself outside the world... tch-util1 has plenty of room to run around in the limbo!

Spoilers ahead...
This happened to me in the final battle once: http://i.imgur.com/D9spYW2.jpg Only once though, I've done it a few times without issue. Textures became visible again after the cutscene. I expected it to be memory related, but underrail.exe was barely at 600M private bytes at the time.

Another one-time-only bug occurred in tch-loff after the final battle was triggered - somehow a permanent rassophore doppelganger got created (it didnt have the psionic apparition effect), and the invaders were happily attacking it after everyone else was dead. I was watching them go at it fom stealth, in real-time mode. Forgot to take a screenshot; I was laughing too hard ... and then they saw and ganked me :P

Mindless

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 06:41:49 AM »
1. Thick Skull feat does not work properly(no effect against T-Punch)
2. When Dissasembling some items you get 1 quality materials (reinforced rathound leather gloves -> tung steel 1 quality)
3. Termodynamic Destabilization bugged? No effect after death("boom" sound! but no damage to nearby enemies)
4. Laser sight(LS) for pistols does not work properly in the new version(No +% precision mod in the description and no + to hit bonus)
5. In some places there are no visual effect of toxic barrels(in "under-passages" for example)(bug or not?)
6. Free Drones quest "Visit Junkyard hideout" seems to be bugged. No journal entry and door in Junkyard is closed. (but Trenton gave me this assignment)