Author Topic: Energy Shield Emitter  (Read 4669 times)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Energy Shield Emitter
« on: April 16, 2015, 05:24:34 am »
What's your configuration?
In doubts what to use for it. )

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Shield Emitter
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 06:29:15 am »
What's your configuration?
In doubts what to use for it. )
What are options here?  :o
2 x Frequency Shield Modulator(highest you can find - 2 med or 1 low 1 high) and High Efficiency Energy Converter = ~1500 (shield capacity).

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 09:26:59 am »
Depends on the armour and character.
On heavy armour, I forego high stopping capabilities for low dissipation,  the damage only needs to be reduced to the point it can be easily mitigated.
Psi I'm currently thinking about something with low dissipation as well, to reduce minor impacts (small calibre pistols, rathounds and burrowersawn, etc) to keep hitpoints at max against attacks that don't necessitate a Hypo. Tranquillity is pretty useful.
Everything else, yeh, I'd probably go for high conversion.
No idea what the third option is actually good for, it's the only one with drawbacks.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 10:50:34 am »
Unless you don't want the best modulators, as said. ;)
Then again, it always kinda helps against high energy damage.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 12:30:51 pm »
Well, my char is 3 Con melee build. ))
The game has changed a lot, so my char was killed 3 times in a row by the same guys in tonnesl (Lower Underrial?), you know, crossbowman 15, and two melee 15, 10, where is a ladder to place where many Crawlers... well, crawl in the dark. )
Crossbow hit HARD, crit for 150-180 I think. ))
So before I usually took two best High Frequency Shield Modulator against sniper rifle, that often was abli to oneshot such char, but now... I think I need something against crossbows. :D

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 02:07:10 pm »
Unless you don't want the best modulators, as said. ;)

No, even in that case high efficiency energy converter is better option than shield capacitor. It's not like the current dissipation rate matters, unless you somehow remain in combat for dozens of turns at a time AND your shield takes very little damage during that period.
Modulators. ^^ I don't doubt the high efficiency converter is the best choice most of the time; The only exception I see is, as said, Psionics, as I got low initiative, so I often keep the shield running when exploring tunnels filled with critters.
A lower quality modulator (for MA it's still high speed) would allow more damage to pass, which is wanted if you can soak some 30 points with no issue.