Author Topic: Impressions  (Read 3231 times)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Impressions
« on: April 10, 2015, 07:38:49 pm »
Started playing after a huge amount of time has passed.
Ha-ha! Game look better, new look for boxes\shelfs, really cool.
New music is wheeeeee ) Containers now tell us if they are empty.
Also, those bats!
I even jumped! Twice!

I feel exactly the same as when grab Fallout 2 back in 98! Thank you Styg!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:41:17 pm by Fenix »

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Impressions
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 10:42:11 pm »
The Boxes and Bats were awesome, I tend to agree. It's the small things that make it memorable.  :D
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 08:26:37 am »
Think molotov should be nerfed.
That thing, made of shit and sticks can damage SOOOO strong, so really, it better to nerf it.
At least descrease its AoE on ~30%, I hit something every other time with 0 throwing.
______
Just in case I will cease to appear here, it means I died (some health issues). In any case, the game brought me many pleasant moments, and I'm glad I was here with you.

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 04:52:17 pm »
Think molotov should be nerfed.
That thing, made of shit and sticks can damage SOOOO strong, so really, it better to nerf it.
At least descrease its AoE on ~30%, I hit something every other time with 0 throwing.
______
Just in case I will cease to appear here, it means I died (some health issues). In any case, the game brought me many pleasant moments, and I'm glad I was here with you.

You're quite right, molotovs are vastly superior, not for the damage output really on initial throw but because it covers such a wide area, for such a long time, when put into game turns.  The AoE should probably be scaled back a bit for the early molotov, for the higher magnesium/napalm, can understand quite better and it makes sense.  Molotov dirt cheap honestly and if you get the skill, can ruin most any npcs day unless they're specifically wearing aluminized cloth junk or such.

0 Throwing does mean you will usually hit, because it only shifts 3 tiles afaik when you 'miss' with it, as someone pointed out about using EMP nades. Same issue imagine. 

As for your last bit, that went dark unexpectedly fast but hope you walk away from your complications and good luck to you.

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 09:13:22 pm »

Hope you will get better soon

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 11:32:55 am »
The new boxes/shelves were indeed a very noticeable change, sitting right next to the old walls and floors. I guess they are a little teaser of the upcoming polish of older content.
Can't wait to see the finished game! or the closed beta

The last 2 versions really had plenty of memorable moments and nice things
- All Upper underrail tilesets are just gorgeous. Underrail really used to look a little bit different
- Gas grenades are fun, my new favorite thing to throw absolutely everywhere (1t cooldown with grenadier)
- Meeting the (Lurker) Butcher.
- Ghosting the Free Drones' sabotage mission.
- Piloting a Dreadnought, of course! A shame you can't bring it everywhere :P
- Coming in contact with airborne D5. :o I guess that's irreversible...
- The super secret stuff! If Underrail ever had a crowning moment of awesome, this is it.
- West wing. It felt really creepy the first time you got there. The visuals, the music, the guard's talk.
- RAF 013. Nice surprise. Things like this keep trappers from becoming cheesy. That's a huge plus.
- Discovering what goes on at the Institute. Another :o right there.

Hehe, I think I found one - that door on Med level in SGS, but I suspect, char should be PSI to get something from it? ))
And - it seems to me (seems) that appearance of the tonnels near SGS (location where one dude and turret guard a closed door) has become more detalized? There are pipes, and columns looks SO nice... )
Great work guys! )

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 12:49:06 pm »

making off :)