Author Topic: Crafting? Hmmmm.  (Read 2260 times)

jackdcuna

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Crafting? Hmmmm.
« on: March 27, 2015, 04:02:17 pm »
Playing the game with a guns guy now. Friggin loving it like a fiend. Awesome in many, many ways. My guy's high int, combined with good dex and high per, makes him a great crafter as well.

Now, here's the thing about crafting items I wanted to ask:
We can make explosives, we can make plasma pistols, chemical guns, firearms, boots, armor.
But will we be able to eventually craft lockpicks and Haxxors?
I think it would be a good addition if we could do that, like upgrade lockpicks from Mk I to Mk II to Mk III to eventually some sort of lockpick that degrades after several uses rather than simply a once and done (like it gets 2-3 uses before it gets broke kind of deal).
I'd also like the ability to build my own Haxxor units based on electrical and hacking skills available. Not simply upgrade things like their hacking ability, but also energy usage, energy storage, etc.

Also, with regards to other weapons: Flamethrowers as a viable option by chance? Maybe some sort of napalm thrower that shoots balls of fire? (So it doesn't chew up too much of your time with animating, etc.)

Love the regenerative jackets BTW. Plan on turning them into anti-rifle ballistic vests.

Also, is there someplace where I can find a list of items that I can add to specific armors and weapons? Like, what can I add to plasma pistols and lasers, what can I add to explosives, etc.

Also: Dammit, give me the ability to enhance the damage of my tungsten serrated knife! Give me a shocking upgrade option like for the sledge!

Love this game so far.
Prayer is dignity of soul

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting? Hmmmm.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 04:29:03 pm »
Good news:

There's already two types of flamethrowers in the latest version! (incendiary blob/sprayer pistols - craftable with chemistry)

The wiki should be helpful with crafting details, check the blueprint and item pages.

And you can make electroshock knives, just like sledges.

Sorry, but sprayer dispenser is not, and will not, be implemented. You jumped the gun with your data mining. :P

captainmeow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 04:37:12 pm »

Sorry, but sprayer dispenser is not, and will not, be implemented.

:(

I'm guessing it's the same for the shield chargers? because I haven't seen one of those yet either.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 05:56:53 pm »
Sorry, but sprayer dispenser is not, and will not, be implemented. You jumped the gun with your data mining. :P

Again? I actually found one in the previous version like I did with shield rechargers. Mind Darts and their blueprint are the only items I've acquired via data mining. :P

That said, sprayers did seem like a really neat idea and on the technical side you already have cone attack in burst and I imagine animation could be handled like pyrokinetic stream. Mind telling us why it won't be implemented?

Well, I don't want to get too much into details. The main problem is that in order for it to function like a weapon it would have hit chance (unlike psionics and such) which would directly conflict with the visual presentation. That is, it would count as a miss even though it's obviously hitting visually. Then the flight of the acid itself might get very iffy without extensive tweaking of the mechanics that I am not prepared to invest right, etc.

I am open to revisiting this concept in the future, but if I'm to tackle cone attack weapons, I'd probably go for regular shotguns first as they don't have to deal with much of these problems.