Author Topic: Bugs in Camp Hector (0.1.14.0) Solved!  (Read 2025 times)

Marcus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Bugs in Camp Hector (0.1.14.0) Solved!
« on: March 27, 2015, 06:28:48 am »
Hello there.
I'm experiencing some bugs in Camp Hector:
1) The Burrowers Infestation quest is desplayed correctly in my journal, but the door leading to the mine is still closed and marked in red. My character can't even touch it, it almost seems that the tile before the door is blocked.
2) Various graphical glitches, I.E. characters and walls sprites desappeare and come back randomly.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:29:10 pm by Marcus »

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs in Camp Hector (0.1.14.0)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:24:59 am »
Can you post a screenshot with the graphic glitches or say where and under what circumstances it happens.

Marcus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 08:57:37 am »
No screenshots for now, I'll get back to the camp this evening. Anyway, the glitches started with the 3 guys working with knives: their sprites went on and off when they performed the attack animation. Then a few walls started to desappeare.
Anyway, it was all caused by the glitches: the door was indeed blocked, by an invisible guard.
I tried to change map and get back. At the first try the game failed to load the map. At the second try it failed to load the save. I shut the game and restarted it. At this point everything went fine, I managed to talk to the guard who opened the door.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 09:15:05 am »
No screenshots for now, I'll get back to the camp this evening. Anyway, the glitches started with the 3 guys working with knives: their sprites went on and off when they performed the attack animation. Then a few walls started to desappeare.
Anyway, it was all caused by the glitches: the door was indeed blocked, by an invisible guard.
I tried to change map and get back. At the first try the game failed to load the map. At the second try it failed to load the save. I shut the game and restarted it. At this point everything went fine, I managed to talk to the guard who opened the door.

There's currently a bug where a game can run out of memory and start behaving badly. Restarting it should do the trick for now.

Marcus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:52:50 am »
So a false alarm?  ::)

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs in Camp Hector (0.1.14.0) Solved!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 08:57:54 am »
I found camp hathor gave me problems too, and only thing I can really notice different there is the massive amount of firebarrel graphics you got going on in the map location which tend to give me random massive slowdown.  Junkyard dock is the only other spot so far to also do it periodically.