Author Topic: Problem in Epione Lab  (Read 1529 times)

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
Problem in Epione Lab
« on: February 14, 2015, 07:26:19 pm »
There is a post on the Steam forum for Underrail on this issue, but as of this moment it hasn't received any replies from the developers so I figured I'd post it again here, just in case there's the possibility of it being noticed. I hope you don't mind.

I encountered what I believe is a bug in the Epione Lab when going to speak with Blackwall on Colonel Cathcart's orders. Upon entering the lab I found that I could not move more than one tile beyond the first guard before the whole area became hostile towards me, despite that the guard gives me the A-OK to see Blackwall. Before moving past him all of the guards have yellow backgrounds behind their names, which I saw on the Wiki meant that they were unfriendly towards me, and thus could easily become hostile (which they did). I have completed the quest involving the renegade soldiers with the outcome where they will not be very severely tried (through Persuasion).

I have tried numerous methods (such as deleting the map file for the Epione Lab on my most recent save file to see if reloading the map data would fix it) but nothing has resolved this problem.

I think it should be noted that I am playing with a character I created before the most recent update. However, I doubt that this alone could cause such a glitch. I may very well be wrong, but considering that I am not the only player who has encountered this issue, I think this bug should be noted nonetheless.

Thank you for your time.  :)

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Problem in Epione Lab
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 08:03:12 am »
Fixed for the next update. Once the patch is out, you should talk to the front guard again and he should let you through properly this time.

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
Re: Problem in Epione Lab
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 10:41:52 pm »
That's wonderful news! I'm looking forward to the next update.  :D

And may I just say that you all have developed a very fun and very impressive game! It's complexity and ingenuity I think outdoes even that of the Fallout series, and the numerous play-styles it offers provides a massive amount of replayability. Bravo! :)