Author Topic: Dev Log #38: Version 0.1.14.0 released  (Read 41488 times)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #38: Version 0.1.14.0 released
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2015, 08:15:45 pm »
Awww, now we know there won't be big bad faceless robot surprises in Deep Caverns. ;)

;D yeah, devs must act like criminals on interrogation. )

Getting super steel is exactly what you described - a quest way to get some unique materials in very limited quantity, some kind of automated furnace for smelting (powder metallurgy or something like this), so you should first fix it, thaen power it, calibrate, find raw materials.
It's all connected to certain quest and certain huge furnace you probably have already seen and fixed in older versions. Charons are the smelting material, since they're made of super steel.

Well, it's not quite actually what I described.
I meant a slightly different situation - an old abandoned place, where you can get trough various obstacles: live - gunblazing or fangsnapping, dead - mad security bots (or on the contrary reasonable, intelligent and you can become friends later), natural kind - flooded tunnels, collapsed passages etc. Also material better be really rare and unique - something like you can get a canister here and a few - there, and if you have some very high stats - like mercantile, or Will, or raw Strenght, you can get even more.
But we can hold it for Underrail II: Empire strike back. )
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:24:02 pm by Fenix »

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2015, 09:57:26 am »
What a pleasant surprise.
And I was already wondering how I'd spend the two weeks till busy time after my vacation.
This sounds great.
Now we only need a feat or two for drugs, think Witcher 2 or the Flask nodes in Path of Exile or... ah hell, no need to steal from others. ....edit: And a Blood Magic equivalent.  ;D
As for Shroomhead, maybe a buff to PSI/Stun/etc. resistances when near shrooms and after eating one?
The icon somehow reminds me of the trance upgrade in Alpha Centauri for unknown reasons.

Btw, does expertise really grant +1 damage for every hit per level?
So with specops etc, I can fire a full magazine per round at at least +20 damage per bullet?
0.o

As for resistances, is it too late to add diminishing returns?
As in, resistances above 80% are scaled so you'd need 110% resistance (or whatever value is balanced) to reach real 100%, and then still cap it at 95%?
It slightly lessen the impact of high resistances on the likes of crossbows.
And how does Stoicism work with resistances atm? Additive?
You could adopt the PoE terminology, where multiplicative is more/less and additive is increased/reduced.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:27:14 am by UnLimiTeD »
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2015, 10:06:13 am »
Yeah expertise is pretty crazy for smgs atm, although with the assault rifle's concentrated fire, ARs remain best on heavy armor builds.  Stoicism is almost definitely the same type of reduction as conditioning, don't know why it would be different (additive with feats/abilities, feats/abilities multiplied with equipment)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:08:35 am by Greep »

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2015, 12:26:23 pm »
So does it make more sense to upgrade strength to use full auto, or dex to make the actual bursts cheaper?  :P

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2015, 12:32:52 pm »
So does it make more sense to upgrade strength to use full auto, or dex to make the actual bursts cheaper?  :P
Dex for SMG's and STR for AR's =)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2015, 08:03:22 am »
And how does Stoicism work with resistances atm? Additive?
You could adopt the PoE terminology, where multiplicative is more/less and additive is increased/reduced.
I also like PoE (Path of Exile, not Pillars of Eternity!) terminology for that particular reason, everything was very clear. But it would not all that useful for Underrail. The various multiplier stacking mechanisms aren't like PoE's.

I might be wrong about all this, so hopefully Styg reads this and corrects me if so.

You got it right and here indeed I use similar terminology to PoE - resistance and reduction. When character is hit (let's ignore shields and blocking, it's not relevant), the damage is first reduced by resistance (or threshold if that's more effective) unless it's meant to ignore resistance (poison). After that, it's modified "damage taken reduction" (which can also be positive causing you to take more damage); and this happens regardless of whether the attack ignores resistance.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2015, 04:01:28 pm »
Will critical Power and heavy weight stack?
And does Heavy Punch now have a minimum cost of 8?
Edit: And does Rapid Fire count as a single attack for the Gunslinger Crit boost?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 04:50:08 pm by UnLimiTeD »

captainmeow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2015, 04:24:35 pm »
Will critical Power and heavy weight stack?

It stacks with sharpshooter so I see no reason why it wouldn't with heavyweight.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2015, 04:40:42 pm »

Assault rifle builds are much better for practical gameplay, and then there are amplified energy pistols with crit power... 0.1.14 did a lot of crazy things.

When reading changelog i was under impression that Styg wants everything to be ultra powerful now.

But then he nerfed fast melee ... and Blitz.
Too bad SMG bursts are not affected by new minimum attack AP cost.

And does Heavy Punch now have a minimum cost of 8?
Yes.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:19:40 pm by hilf »

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2015, 05:05:48 am »
PS. SMG bursts are affected, too :P It would now be possible to get AP cost 3 with SMGs.
Hmm, i don't think i understand... unless Styg have listened to the crowd and lowered min AP cost to 3.