Author Topic: 0.1.13 Version! (All in one pack - impressions, Bugs, Questions and Suggestions)  (Read 4445 times)

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
!First of all - I'm not native english speaker, but mb my observations will help you guys!

Fastrunned New 0.1.13 Version:
1. Completed all old ones questlines, except Gaunltet(it's too meeeeh): Main questline, SGS, Junkyard, Black Eels, Camp Hathor, Rail Crossing
(but failed "Lost train" mission and by the way it is very strange/stupid that it not even possible to defuse bomb but anyway), Foundry, Core City, Arena and 2 Other quests.
2. Completed 3 quests from Jack and A guys (I assume the they are "the super secret ones"). And no more quests for me... Jack says about waiting some time but it no work for me =(
I must say that this questline is the most interesting and confusing at once, expecially "the murder case" hehe (I thought it was another guy and all the evidence was against him).
3. Found no way to join Protectorate or Free Drones... I think "initiation quest" is related to the events in Junkyard(documents, support Eels, Abram) or Rail Crossing (Lost train). But it's only my guess...
4. Portraits are cool but not every NPC has it's portrait for now.
5. At the end of this run My level was 19.5 (well... i can destroy big Protectorate outpost for guaranteed level but 1000hp drones gives me creeps). Not even 20!!!
All this exp changes are a bit too far in my opinion. Interesting what situation will be when the cap will increase to 30.
6. Overall I'm satisfied with new music but my favorite "music in the mushroom cave" seems to have changed and disappeared =(
7. Scavenger shop! - some high level craftables here(up to 114 quality, hehe). Real paradise for high-int chars)   
8. Good Lord we have fast swap hotkey now!

Bugs/Strange things that I encountered:
1. Energy shield emmiter can take any leather(ex. Mutated Dog Leather) to the "Shield Emitter Base" slot.
2. 1000*lvl exp rate not 1250*lvl as was announced.
3. "Pyrokinetic Stream" ability does not work well with Premeditation (you need to get closer to use this ability in it's full strength)   
4. Can't correctly complete "Catch the med thief" quest after "Lost Train" failed quest.

Some Questions:
1. It is possible for me to begin Protectorate/Free Drones questline or i need to start a new game?
2. Only 3 quests from Jack for now?
3. Head of the beast. What can i do with it?

Some Suggestions:
1. Cloacking Device is lame. Amount of stealth is too low (less than or equal to Black Cloth) and requires constant source of energy. Please improve it.
2. "Friendly Fire trigger" needs some improvement (for example, when allies are on the acid stains from your chem-gun, they automatically turns hostile. It took me 5 reloads in "Black Crawlers Fight" before I figured it)
3. Some invenory tweaks - By the middle of the game inventory turns into the messy dump of money piles and plot items.
3a. Make stacks of money from 999 -> 99999 or 99,999 (something like that) or hide them from general inventory screen and insert some money indicator.
3b. Hide Plot Items from general inventory screen (can make it optional via game settings) or create keyring where you can see your keys.
4. "Night Vision" perk will be great for some high Perception+Stealth builds. At this the moment NV Googles - Only one source and it's kinda sad =(
5. Ability to attach Mods to existent weapons. I have a good pistol and why I must search for new components to craft another one if i if I already have one! I'm only want to attach LS mod.
6. Less Energy consumption for Energy weapons/tools and/r More capacity for Plasma Cores. Even with Power Management perk Energy weapons(They are especially!) it's not too fun to play with.
Why? Because all you doing is reloading this f*king guns with this f*king batteries. 30 energy bat is too small and 100 bat is too big! Meh... 24 energy per shot? Niceee One!
Having some Regenerations Vests by the way? Oh, and this magnificent googles? and Shields and etc. Realoading and realoading all the time!
in such a situation, it is easier to throw away all energy gadgets(except googles, they are too useful!) and take the good old .44 Hammerer!
6a. Constant energy per shot values - 6/9/12(laser/electro/plasma) or 7/11/15 without any feat/mod.
7. Exp for persuade/intimidate options.
10. Psi-abilities is indeed powerful but some "mana shield" ability or simple "% shield" that reduce incoming damage will be very useful (for enemies too!)
11. Rework boots encumbrance - for now they are garbage in comparison with Tabi Boots for any builds except pure Tanks.
12. Rework Shroomhead feat - very weak feat even for early game. Something like 7-10% of your max psi and +1 max capacity(mindshroom hunter btw!) for every collected one. Not imba for sure... useful even when you have 99 psi-busters in your possesion.
13. More Quest-rewards feats(Like Hunter) or "Training" feats for people who can afford it(~5000 charons for feat will do)
14. Increase Dodge/Evasion cap to 70%. Dodgers want some love too!
15. Cold damage is too rare in this cold terrible world(If I am correct only 2 psi-abilites). In my last run i'm suffered 0(!!!!) points of cold damage! ZERO! for the whole game!
16. No Big Bad Bosses for 5000 hp with very hard combat in plans? =)
17. More unique armor/weapons for players who love to to explore the world.
18. Crafting requirements can be very high for some schematics(e.g. 114 plasma pistol = 142!!!! skill reguirement for electronics even without amplifier) - crafting tools(like for lockpicking and hacking +5/10/15) or get some help from NPC's.
19. Bioblocade Feat from Doctor (As quest reward or for money) - bio damage resistance/threshold. Very suitable thing under such terrible live conditions...
20. Eviscerate - 50% damage is too low for such "high-level mighty" feat. 75% is ok. But this feat is not really imba (trust me, you can kill any foe is much easier with a good pistol).
21. Skill points bonus for high-int chars. Currently Intelligence - very strange attribute and having high INT is not rewarding enough for any char.
22. Heavy Armor feats(Walking Fortress) - like if you have 95% armor penalty you'l get additional bonuses. Very situational feat (you can't achieve it at an early stage of the game and 95% - really bad) which is limited limited to crazy heavy tanks.
23. Most Important One - This game is in serious need of map(!!!!!). It any form and it any cost.
Even with all my experience from previous runs and with the help of holy maps from wiki I encounter difficulties with orientation. Casuals will be freaked out.

captainmeow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
hey there friend

it is actually possible to disarm the lost train bomb if you have high enough traps skill

i don't think you can do anything with the head of the beast yet... I also really want to know what the mysterious disk is for

I agree that we need a money pouch or something along those lines and the keyring too

i agree that speech options need to be more rewarding. also that they should show a number for the skill check, but i don't think styg agrees with me on that one :(

regarding cold damage:
SPOILER
have you been to the bunker west of the lost vault yet?

and yes more uniques would be great but the only good ones so far are the regalia and the dragunov so don't get your hopes up

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
I dunno, I think there is a definite benefict to be gained from knowing how much skill you need to persuade someone. More to the point, you already know how much you need to picklocks and hack, why not on conversation. More to he point, when the game is finished if someone wants to take persuasion in most cases they will check out exactly what is the max they'll ever need and level it up to that point and that point only. This is good information and it is pointless to hide it as people are going to find what is the max you need reguardless. That and how much exactly you need for each conversation where it takes place. As far as I'm concerned, it just saves the trouble of finding it and gives consistency to the way other skills already work.

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
hey there friend
Hi!  :)
it is actually possible to disarm the lost train bomb if you have high enough traps skill
Bad luck for me, because i had high traps skill and i could not find where to click to begin the process of disarming =(
i don't think you can do anything with the head of the beast yet... I also really want to know what the mysterious disk is for
Mysterious disk - for the quest in the jankyard (Scrappers).
regarding cold damage:
SPOILER
Yep, found it yesterday -_- It's kinda annoying, especially when you are turned to ice-block every few turns.
and yes more uniques would be great but the only good ones so far are the regalia and the dragunov so don't get your hopes up
Yep, I found all uniques(wiki info). Regalia is ok for melee dodge fighters and Dragunov is norm but you can craft a far better variant)

P.S. No Spoiler tag?

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Wow, you're seriously fast - I'm nowhere near completing the latest version! And welcome to the forums :)
Hi!  :)
Yep, two days(weekends) of non-stop game running  :o
5. Was your run with classic or oddity XP? I'm guessing classic, since oddity seems to be working out pretty well. I'll post my detailed observations once I complete my current game.
Classic) But! I have to reconsider my opinion in this in this issue cuz i hit level 20 when i was clearing Lurkers' Base. Oddity system seems a bit Odd to me )
1. To start the Protectorate questline you'll have to, naturally, work for the Protectorate's benefit (reveal abram, have protectorate help black eels, recover the train) and things will definitely work out. I'm not sure about the Free Drones questline start since their front door bugged out on me.
That was my guess  ???
Something like either of these: http://i.imgur.com/TCCDFcg.png / http://i.imgur.com/92GRGqa.gif
it would just great!
10. I guess that could thematically fit as a psychokinesis ability, but... no way, that would be way too good for psionics. They are already crazy. I'll post more about this later...
But they are just like glass cannons! (I'm about pure psi-casters).
Mb some connection to the armor encumbrance? Or some feat that gives your bonuses when you "psi-casting" without armour.
15. I guess you didn't encounter any cryogas yet?
Hehe, has already encountered) but still it is too rare.
18 and 21. Well, these two counter each other, don't they? High int is great for crafters.
No, they don't! =P
Yes you can invest more points in INT but you can achieve better results via investing it into the primary stat(DEX/PER - Pistoleto build, melee builds, STR/CON - Hammer build, heavy trooper build, WILL - Psionic build)
But! If it will have some impact on the precious skill points than mb investing into the INT will be more attractive.
And as for displaying the skill needed... no, please. Let's leave that to Bethesda's garbage, shall we?
Have to agree with this. Wrong game format...
All the uniques are good, it just depends on your build. For example I would say Jackknife is the best one by far and SVD is kind of meh, but that's just another opinion. I'm sure there are plans to add more uniques - even most of the current ones were added retroactively to old areas.
More uniques will stimulate players to do more exploring(but it's only my opinion). Kohlmeier's Lucky Knife, Jackknife - only because of their usefulness, not for the combat abilities.

captainmeow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Mysterious disk - for the quest in the jankyard (Scrappers).

heh, I know that, I mean in the context of the greater plot.  or maybe it's just not as important as it seems.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Suggestions:
1. True and evasion bonus is even lower.
2. True and your example is not the worst one. Once i had one of my allies fail at throwing flashbang, hitting other Zone Rats and turning them hostile to me  :o
3a. Yes, cash should stack better.
3b. Keyrings! Gimme!
4. Perception builds usually use ranged weapons so googles are good choice for them. And any type of googles can have night vision. I don't have problems here.
5. As long as it would have crafting requirements, I agree with this. It would likely include poisoning traps/knives/bolts.
6. Amen, brother.
6a. It could make high quality EW too good, but OTOH batteries don't recharge to full, but give fixed amount of energy. It might actually work!
10. I'd rather not have this. There are medicine items giving damage reduction (morphine shot, Aegis). Biology should be good for something too (:
11. Hmm, true. I'm using Tabi boots even with guns users.
12. Agree to % PSI refilling.
15. Maybe some cold areas attacking everyone with low values of cold damage every X seconds. Insulated armors could fully negate this damage.
20. Heh, yeah it's not imba, rather "Awesome but impractical". You can get crazy damage from this skill but your target will need to be on very low health to make this happen.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:25:10 pm by hilf »