Author Topic: Dev Log #3: Alpha Funding Model  (Read 16632 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Dev Log #3: Alpha Funding Model
« on: September 14, 2012, 01:25:06 am »
I've hinted earlier that I'm considering alpha funding for Underrail and now I've officially made up my mind. I originally planned on launching a crowd-funding campaign but that turned out to have too many limitations based on where I was located, so I decided alpha funding is a better option.

The game will be available for purchase in its alpha stage on a couple of digital distribution websites, and who ever purchases alpha version will, of course, receive the final game at no additional cost when it's done. Also, I plan on releasing regular content updates throughout the game's development.

I'm currently working on the next major update that will be the first purchasable version of the game. It will include a major new quest hub (sneak peek above), a new "dungeon" area, more weapons, utilities and other items, new character skill, some updated game mechanics, and more.

I'm expecting the update to be ready sometime in October. Stay tuned for more info on the new stuff.

Also, check out this cool Underrail title screen fan alternative by Jason Seow:

Tnoyce

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #3: Alpha Funding Model
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 01:53:35 am »
That's very cool.

You using Desura, or some other distribution method?

jjman

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 03:04:11 am »
Yeah!   :D 

x11

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 08:03:57 pm »
Great can't wait.

The artwork is awesome.

lanshan75

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 05:26:46 am »

I am totally agree with what you said,but my English is poor, sometiomes I don't know how to express my feeling,I just want to make some friends who can help me in my English and share the happiness with each other.