Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 88444 times)

pringdew

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 05:59:42 am »
i tried picking up dwarf fortress but the learning curve for me was insurmountable...

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 06:06:53 am »
so jeff whats the status? are we doing this?  whens my turn? :'(

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 06:16:33 am »
@pringdrew - Hell, I know what you mean :D. But it gets fun after few dozens of destroyed forts... or few hundreds. Also video tutorials on YT help a lot - even if the best ones are pretty obsolete now.

@Jeff - Okay, we can throw that 'only above stuff' out, but I would still like to see whole outer map filled with buildings and traps :D. Or better encrusted traps.

@all - Yeah, theoretically tilesets nor DF Hack shouldn't touch the save file. And if it does just convert it back in Lazy Newb Pack save converter and hope for the best...

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 05:27:00 pm »
Well if Jeff won't tell us he is alive until Friday then I guess the game goes on... So xmorg, please choose suitable location for a fort, in case Jeff is DEAD.

As you remember it should be in the badlands - the metals would be nice and aquifier would be not. Cheers!

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 06:40:10 pm »
Har har! I will be an honor to strike the earth!

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
  • I just came here to read homestuck and honestly
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 09:56:29 pm »
HEY! DONT YOU ARMOK DAMN TOUCH THAT GAME! im busy! i had to go to my grandmas house, and chirstmas shit! wait... idea! xmorg you play a round and i will pick up after you, and play a year, that way i can do this christmas stuff, AND have a turn!
Words, I don't know.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 10:53:23 pm »
Okay, so xmorg you're officially in charge of picking a site... DO US PROUD, SON!

Play a year, then Jeff will start his turn... and then it's at least mine and wallace moment. And then once again xmorg... until death takes us all! For Armok!

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 12:21:21 am »
Cool, pick an area like Erebor from the Hobbit  :D I feel inspired to do great things in my turn

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 06:28:31 am »
Well considering our luck and Dwarf Fortress style we probably get a dragon or two... as far as Erebor goes... oh the yummy dragon meat :D. And dragon armor (it's not really different, but it looks cool right?).

Xmorg, will you be kind to show us starting location when you choose one? And keep us updated about deaths... And, since we are at this topic - choose one dwarf as your 'alter ego'. It would get a point in narration and let us have fun when dying or something... dibs on Chief Medical Dwarf!

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 02:24:51 pm »
It doesnt look good.  Its midsummer and the miners are already tantruming.  A mining mistake left a miner with a broken leg, and the other miner trapped.  3 squares away from freedom he starts "hunting vermin for food"

Edit: both miners are now dead from starvation :(  Mining picks are trapped in an unreachable location.

Here is how we started
=======================
The kindom of Olonbomrek has sent forth dwarves to make a fortress in Unibgusil
"Ragcopper"

Malfol Lelumreg(Miner)
Udil Letmosobur,(Woodworker)
Edem Kodstakud,(woodcutter)
Tekkud Dorenurrith(Exp Leader)
Atis Nishom(Jeweler)
Logem Lilarzefon(fish cleaner)
Ast Engigkonos(fisherdwarf)->Assigned to mine.

It is early spring.
There seems to be no wood, or water.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:36:10 pm by xmorg »

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 03:05:36 pm »
Buahahaha it'll be !FUN!, don't despair! You just need to live long enough to get to the caravan... which comes down in Winter if I remember correctly. Then buy a pick (sell everything!). Or you can hope that one of the migrants will be a miner :D.

Still - perserve on! Don't break as long as Armok allows it!

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 04:35:20 pm »
I shall press on, stone crafts, until i die! hahaha.

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
  • I just came here to read homestuck and honestly
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 06:00:58 pm »
what. just.... what... am i doing somthing wrong? am i just a lucky bastard? the only trouble i EVER get is when i try for lava and monsters come at me, but i just enlist my miner and it all fixes itself. i never get hunting accedents, i only ever got 1 miner stuck in my entire LIFE. i always manage to get semi happy dorfs, i ALWAYS get enough food, seeds, and everything, and then by the time the caravaan comes along i already have enough cut adamantine and diamond encrusted adamantine goods to buy everything and anything... maybe armok hates me...  ???
Words, I don't know.

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 09:51:34 pm »
Haha same! Yesterday for the first time in ages a monster came to my fortress. (a minotaur to be precise) I thought "oh no, is this the danger I had been warned about?"

I sent my soldiers and one marksdwarf fired a bolt hitting him in the lung and an axedwarf chopped off his head. No casualties, -_- back to prickleberry farming.

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2012, 03:04:15 am »
more issues in mid autum.
Found a giant laugur stealing my bone crossbows.
I mustered a militia to go after it.  so 5 weaponless wrestlers finally catch up with it.  As it gores one dwarf to death the rest beat it to a bloody pulp.  However we are not able to kill it with punches alone.  I then stop the assult and assign weapons.  The copper axe does the job.