Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 89318 times)

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2013, 07:39:12 am »
The forge room has been reclaimed!

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2013, 11:25:50 am »
No magma monsters down there? I rememer that we weren't having best type of security in the forge...

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 03, 2013, 08:13:50 am »
Not that I know of :D I had to reclaim it because someone was in a strange mood and needed a forge. They made some useless amulet :/ Also the elves came and left because I forgot the bins were made of wood... Things seem to be settling down again. The injured from the battle with the forgotten beast are miserable and keep throwing tantrums but they're pretty much all paralyzed so not causing any problems. :D However food seems to be running rather low :/ Something is going to have to be done about it.

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2013, 06:46:50 am »
Sorry guys, I got swamped with homework in the middle of my turn again :( I've uploaded the save part way through summer so someone can finish the year and then do their turn if they want or the just pick up the last save. The population is about 38 and things are kind of stable. Watch out for the food levels :/ Good luck :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?5b4na3etmo04015

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2013, 01:08:27 pm »
Okay, so is Jeff still going or not? Because I'm going to pick it up soon if nobody answers :P.

Don't worry about the time, wallace - it looks like the new version will be on soon, so we'll probably switch... and I doubt that saves are compatibile. Not with this amount of changes.

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2013, 03:04:55 pm »
im still in... keep it going :p

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2013, 04:02:00 pm »
Roger. So I'll pick it up and try to preserve dwarfiness.

Boy, oh boy.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2013, 08:30:57 pm »
I finished Wallace's turn, now mine is going. Fort is like 70+ dwarves, food and drinks are okay, because I started aboveground farming. Most of stuff is cleaned up - there is one ghost which body I can't find, but it's pretty harmless. Forgotten Beast downstairs is much more dangerous...

I moved most of my militia near it, but even if it has wings it just doesn't want to fly up, into fortress. Self preservation instinct I guess. Another problem is that parts of the stockpiles are spread out in the caverns and I ain't stupid enough to go there just yet.

Also on F6 shortcut there is adamantum pillar I'm currently mining. Very cautiously ;].

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2013, 09:46:42 pm »
Okay, my turn is done. The fort is like 100+ dwarves now and teeming with life. The militia squad is always training downstairs, near the well. Like I wrote before down in the shaft near main gate a ghostly Cook floats around, but he doesn't seem to care about anything. There are also quite few friendly goblins around so that's another thing. Under F6 is mined adamantum pillar - there will be enough for like 10-12 wafers, so enjoy your fun.

Save is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dc3916sh7zpxt3w

I guess it's xmorg's turn? ;).

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2013, 12:14:20 am »
I have downloaded it and am starting.....

Siege.... heheh...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:00:20 am by xmorg »

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2013, 04:50:44 pm »
Haha, I've only got an ambush. Which was shortly dispatched by weapon traps. They do save a lot of effort :D

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2013, 10:35:42 pm »
There were/are 2 sieges the first was bugged.
This one is the "Big one", late autumn and im right in the middle of it.  Massive slaughter!
The dwarves insist on collecting socks outside the walls.  I also "stationed" my trips behind the bridge which some of them promptly sallied forth to "meat" the storm of arrows head-on.

ok so does anyone have any ideas?  I have about 20 dwarves at the entrance who are falling over themselves trying to go out and pick up stuff in the middle of the siege.  I cant seem to cancel the jobs, maybe i can mass forbid every object outside the fort?  Also solders are running out on their own and getting cut down as well.  There are a lot of archers and i am trying to stop a massacre...

Screenie
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:43:53 pm by xmorg »

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2013, 07:45:17 am »
Is there anywhere you can put some temporary doors and then forbid them?

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2013, 01:07:06 pm »
There is a burrow in the military menu called something like GTFO... It forces all dwarves who aren't conscripted to stay on the surface level, but inside the walls. You could also rewrite the burrow to accomodate lower levels and thus only have massive stack of 'cannot continue job - object forbidden' stuff :).

Or just get the bridges up... They are connected to levers, right?

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 25, 2013, 01:36:21 pm »
Well i survived the siege.
Now on to becoming a barrony :D  I have selected Fish cleaner Stinthad Degzon to become royalty :p
Edit: all im gonna say is its baby mania in ragcopper.
its late winter and there has been an ambush.

Edit spring is here!  Whose next.
http://www.cooperlabs.net/packages/ragcopper.zip
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:40:52 pm by xmorg »