Author Topic: LOVE YOUR WORK! BUT...  (Read 4343 times)

segoves

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
LOVE YOUR WORK! BUT...
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:31:25 pm »
Hello guys! I am big fun your work! I love your work! The games is really amazing!. Its similar to fallout but really original! But BUT

- I have hard problem with HP, maybe some function as rest will be great. After rest your character can recover his HP.

- fight is hard! and this is amazing! keep that!

- i have problem with crafting, i cant recognize which items i need, and its really hard to find all items, which you need for crafting a item. Higher skill means higher quality of item or?

- MAP I really miss a map or something what tell me where i am. I cant recognize names of street and other places in game, it really confusing me.

- your graphic is beautiful now!!! and i love it keep isometric pixel feelings!

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: LOVE YOUR WORK! BUT...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 12:47:39 am »
The HP problem is overcome rather quickly. Because you can make money rather easily you'll probably have the first couple quests trying not to use any healing items. From there on you have more than enough money to buy healing items so you don't need to go back for free healing. In fact you probably should only need to do that in the first quest.

Crafting is meh at the moment (my opinion, doesn't means everyone agrees). early on you won't find all you want but later on it's not really as hard. Higher skill doesn't means higher quallity, items have a required skill to use, that required skill is tied to he quallity of item, the higher quallity of items, the better the gear you craft... Now why is crafting meh? Because crafting doesn't keeps up with you. By the time you have skills to craft that awesome weapon you want. Guess what, there are much better ones for sale in the market already. Crafting only allows you to get some mods when crafting something that you cannot get on the market. It still is not worth it for the most part... There are some crafting that are worth it like say, making health hypos and whatnot but for the most part I find it completly underwelming.

Map will probably be a reallity at some point. Not a map of the area you're in but an map of the passages so you know which turns to take to get to that place or that city.

segoves

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 05:40:35 pm »
you are right! this game is pretty balanced, i had problem because couldnt find a barter with medic items  ::)

BUT Gyus keep your work, your game is the best isometric post-apo!

I hope in the game will many quest about gang fights and war. about Stealing, ambushing traint and caravans! Stealing and hacking data from eneby bases!(without killing - poor stealth).

And i have this amazing idea, in the game are rare items. I wish a dungeons(bases) in which are will be posible to loot this special items. Every this dungeon should have own story and items too.

I wish to be able to claim own gank and with that many side quest and build own base(reclaim)(get buyers, get people, build base, tune up base..) I know, my wishes are silly. But let me dream man! :D

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 03:22:21 pm »
The last time I played was indeed long ago epili. However, unless the Devs have done some ninja changes to the crafting (which I don't belive they have) then nothing has changed at all since then. The crafting still requires way too high skills in order to craft something. This means that buying items is always better than crafting them. You could say that crafting could actually become more relevant in the end game when you just can't get anything better anymore, then at that point what you craft is just going to be slightly better than what is available, but if you play a gamegoing for crafting in order to gain a small advantage in the last 5% of the game then I pretty much consider it a waste of time.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 12:20:09 pm »
I am aware of the announced changed. Ninja changes are stuff that are not announced.

Yes there is a lot more stuff now that you only ever get if you craft it but crafting requirements are still very high! While a minuscle amount of things might have slightly lowered in crafting the thing is. Crafting oesn't keeps you up in pair with shops. You get to a new zone, buy a new weapon and a new armor. By the time you are able to craft something as good as what is being sold there you are leaving that zone and going for the next where much higher level stuff is now available... Crafting should do exactly the opposite. It should keep you ahead of the curve, not behind the curve.

Having things that are exclusive to crafting isn't reason enough to pick crafting if crafting is not going to at least keep up with the shops in reguard to other stuff... In fact I'm pretty sure you don't need crafting to finish the game as I don't belive that Styg would force a player to have crafting skills in order to finish it.

would I change my mind if I gave it go? Unlikely, but as you know I can't derive any fun from the game at the moment so I will keep on waiting until a point comes in which that changes.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 04:39:29 pm »
Surely not all crafting skills are equally viable and some of them may be UP, but there is one crafting skill that is in the right place.

It's Electronics.
First, it's the only crafting skill that has related feat - Power Management. It may not be mandatory for some devices, but if you are going to use energy weapons you must have it. They eat batteries at crazy rate. Having to reload every 3 shots sucks and you can't make it faster with Bullet strap belt.
Second, as epeli said, all energy weapons upgrades are crafting only. I'm not sure if i'm fine with this, because all other weapons can be bought with enhancements, but it surely makes you want Electronics if you are going to use energy weapons.
Third, ( last but not the least :) ) Shield Emitters that you can craft are MUCH better than looted/bought. And every character needs them.

Devs did good job with Electronics. And it looks like they are improving other crafting skills. I can't wait for some chemical pistol upgrades.

( Tchey )

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 05:39:47 pm »
Hello,

I play the game for the first time (well, second time, but same week : my first try was a pure Psi-man but it was too boring and difficult to manage the regen stuff so i stoped before finding the drilling machine) with a "thief" guy, and i went also into crafting because i usually like it in most of the games. It's a bit of disappointment so far, bacause it's very costly, and all points invested into crafting are not invested into "survive" : fight and defense, mostly.

A crafter cannot "win the game". A fighter can.

Can a thief win the game ? I try but some fights seem to be impossible to avoid, and then it's super-very-hard to pass those scenes. My thief toon is now scouting the old Junkyard to find the drilling machine, and some mutated creatures seem totally impossible to avoid, frontal fight.

Also i really feel i miss a map, not a good one, but like the one on the wiki, only ingame, so i can see on what map i am. I also miss a fast travel option, and a run option when out of fight. The toon moves so slow ! And my toon has 9 dexterity and 9 agility ! Oh i'm diying of walking from one point to another.

Beside that i think i enjoy the game so far, but it needs some tweaks.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 07:17:55 pm »
Tchey - You are right that a crafter cannot win a game, but by the same token you should have realised that a thief cannot win the game, this is because the game is always going to throw combat at you, some of which is completly unavoidable.

You must always be first a fighter (of whatever type) and second something else.

Now as for your thief build, ther are good builds using those stats. They tend to focus on stealth and weapons that require low AP to attack. There are feats to further reduce the AP and thus allow you to win by spamming many lower damaging attacks rather than few powerful attacks.

As for the Psi case. I'm not sure what you mean by boring. The regen stuff is easy, there is no regeneration of Psi, there used to be a very long time ago but not any more. All you do is use psi-boosters to recharge your psi energy. Think of those as the bullets for your gun if it makes it easier. You should also remember that you shouldn't relly entirely on one weapon type. Thus don't go exclusively on Psi. You'll need something to balance it out. My advice here is as I always do to everyone. Crossbows. They don't require strenght so you can go on a 3 strenght character and the only feat you'll need for it is the one to make the special arrows attacks cost the same as a normal attack. This way you can fire the crossbow twice in the same round even if you used a special arrow. Another reason for crossbow is the special arrows with special incidence on the electric ones because it's great against bots and it also stuns. Since the Psi character strong point is exactly having a lot of utillity, this further expands into your strong area already.

screeg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 05:03:29 pm »
@epeli: I like Crafting, but speaking to Elhazzared's concerns, you've spelled out the advantages to learning Electronics but what about Mechanical? My problem is that you really need at least two of the Crafting skills to create a lot of the crossover stuff. Do you think Mechanical (for armor and ballistic weapons) pays off alongside Electronics?