Author Topic: Detachable Riot Shield  (Read 2182 times)

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Detachable Riot Shield
« on: August 17, 2014, 03:06:23 pm »
Pretty please. I don't like carrying 2 suits of riot armor with me. Together their weight is similar to that of metal armor, and that's a lot. And because shields do not provide bonus vs ranged attacks, i'd rather not have them equipped when fighting ranged opponents.

I see 2 options here:
1. Add a shield slot. Shield could only be equipped when riot armor is. But some players could be troubled by equipment slot that is always empty (unless they happen to use riot armor). They might start asking to enable riot shield with other armors too. And i'd rather not have that.

2. Allow detaching a shield by right clicking on Riot Gear with Shield, via radial menu. Add a shield item with an option to attach to Riot Gear, via radial menu. I like that option better.

Both options require new shield items. They could be in 'Armor' category so they can be viewed together with Riot Gear in one filter.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Detachable Riot Shield
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 06:37:44 pm »
Well, I guess if he likes to fight without shield in ranged combat, I suppose he likes the lower encumbrance?
Also, while it's not perfectly logical, why extra items?
Just create a normal riot armour with shield, and have an option to put it on your back, invisible with no bonus.
I mean, if that logic was a problem, we should have been able to switch it out right now, or change the panel in a protective vest.
We can't. :)
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Detachable Riot Shield
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 04:10:40 pm »
Well, I guess if he likes to fight without shield in ranged combat, I suppose he likes the lower encumbrance?
This as well as higher evasion, dodge, stealth (some feats make use of it) and ability to use 2 handed weapons.

Just create a normal riot armour with shield, and have an option to put it on your back, invisible with no bonus.
Will we be able to equip 2 handed weapons if we put shield on our back? Currently 'Riot Gear with Shield' does not allow this.

In the meantime, have you thought of tactical vest & riot gear instead of two suits of riot armor?
Thanks, that's something to consider.