Author Topic: A few suggestions  (Read 2771 times)

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
A few suggestions
« on: August 17, 2014, 03:48:21 am »
After playing the latest build ,which is excellent by the way, I had a few suggestions:
- I completed the Gorsky's quest to take down the gang in Core City I visited Dan in Foundry. After telling him about Gorsky and convincing him to join the Zone Rats, his dialogue was still written in a way that hadn't acknowledged that we already wiped out the gang. This should be changed.
-I noticed items which require energy that are placed on the quick bar can be recharged with batteries. However the cursor does not change to acknowledge that and shows a cannot use sign when hovered over despite being usable. I guess this isn't intentional.
-Dialogue for merchants in Junkyard still have the dialogue option for the Armadillo Drill quest still intact long after it's completed. A minor annoyance for sure, but I feel like it doesn't need to be there anymore after the fact for consistency.
-Not really a suggestion ,but the level cap is killing me! Seeing the over 100 exp I've acquired over this play through  go to waste after hitting the cap makes me real sad :'(.

That's all for now. Keep up the good work.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: A few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 11:01:21 am »
I agree about Dan's dialogue, it will be fixed in the future, I was planning on adding some more dialogue to him anyway, so I'll look into it. Junkyard merchants too will be changed, as you mentioned, there is no need to ask about the drill parts after they've been found.

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words. :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:54:31 am by PhrygianDominant »

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 03:49:15 pm »
A few more things:

-Are one of the NPC's  in front of the Protectorate supposed to be the one to inform you that Abram would like to speak with you? If so, I never got approached after I entered their HQ . Before I did this, I got into a fight with a thugs that charged a toll to get past them which involved a number surrounding NPC's that got themselves killed and I imagine one of them were supposed to alertme to the quest. You can still talk to Abram afterwards but I imagine that a secondary way to inform the player that Abram wants to see him if they miss the first hint.

-I managed to get into a few situations were the player could get directly near an opponent and not be able to use melee attacks against them.

In this situation  I wasn't near the opponent so I couldn't use melee attacks against him, yet he was able to use knife attacks against me from the same distance?

While caught in the doorway I couldn't attack the sentry. I'm not sure if such a small offset should prevent me from attacking.

-It might be a good idea to disable passive abilities that have visual effects on exported character or else the show up in the intro.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 03:53:12 pm by LightningMonk »

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 02:48:36 am »
should Crafting throwing knives get such get such a harsh reduction 30 created to 10 when poisons are applied? Bear traps don't get that kind of reduction. I feel like you should get at least 15 if there is any reduction at all.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 08:40:11 am »
-It might be a good idea to disable passive abilities that have visual effects on exported character or else the show up in the intro.

Fixed for the next update. This sort of stuff should be posted in Bugs section. ;)

I know about the melee range glitches, I'll get to it eventually.

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 03:17:25 am »
Just a few more for the current build:

-Components forincendiary grenades might be a little to rare for me. Gasoline and Magnesium aren't to bad ,but Napalm, glass bottles and cloth hardly appear in shops. Cloth has only ever appeared in barrels for me. It leads me to hoard all of the higher level grenades that I manage to craft  and just buy the plentiful molotovs :(.
- As long as Al Fabet's trudging along the Core City market place, it would be nice to make him a useful. Despite what anybody says it is nice to be able to purchase a bunch of plants, animal and insect organs without having to launch and expedition into the caves. Having his inventory restock with them would give a resource that the core didn't have before and give the poor dude some money (see him wreck his back while the shop keepers watch in disgust was too much for me).
-Are there any plans to have some sort of power up or consumable that would allow melee oriented characters to apply poisons to their weapons and a place status affects on them on hit? I think that would be neat.

-This is more of a question: Is the "Old Man" in the mansion supposed to turn hostile if you head downstairs from his room after having a conversation with him? It seems odd to me that he does. I don't remember if there's even an option to mention that he croaks to Azif if you kill him.