I figured a general thread for my Underrail fansite would be in order since I've been posting updates and stuff all over the place. (old thread, sort of)
The site is a collection of standalone tools for underrailers. It should work on any modern web browser, but is designed with PC resolutions in mind.
The main feature, a character build calculator and theorycrafting tool. Calculates base abilities, skills, feats and the stats directly derived from them. Numbers should be identical to Underrail, down to all its rounding quirks. It's basically the same as the game's Character Sheet screen with some additions from Combat Stats, but compressed to one page instead of three tabs. My primary intention with this tool is to automate any tedious calculations (mainly skill thresholds) involved in character planning.
- Complete calculator for base abilities, skills, feats and derived stats - skill synergies, base ability modifiers, health, and other number-crunching happens exactly as in Underrail.
- Ctrl+click to (un)assign all[/b] points, shift+click to (un)assign 5 points
- Save/load any number of builds through your browser's local storage
- Share builds through URLs like underrail.info.tm/build/?KwGgjATADCHipEOUmaTsx7Xc-1EA (that link is simply for the default new character)
- Options for various item bonuses (mainly base abilities and Hacking/Lockpicking/Traps as other skill check numbers aren't shown in-game)
- Options for difficulty, food buffs, house crafting workbench bonuses
- Shows skill damage multiplier for offense skills
- Shows whether any skill has lost synergy points due to the skill cap
- Expedition support! (Well, not yet. :( But as soon as the expansion is released!)
This is a helper for the mutagen puzzle, not a solver. It should make the puzzle more fun for those who struggle to understand the logic or have done it too many times and gotten a bit lazy. :)
It can optionally offer two kinds of hints, 1) automatically disabling unusable reagents and 2) highlighting atoms. I hope the highlighting is mostly self-explanatory - green is good, red is bad, faded out colors can be ignored and atoms matching Exitus-1 are under/overlined. Also, you have to set the options you want to use before validating your reagents. If you need to restart, just hit F5. Your browser will remember reagents you've inputted if it saves form history.
If you don't have mutagen sets at hand but would like to try it, you can use the testsets I left in, like so underrail.info.tm/mutagens/?load=testset1
A tool for unpacking and repacking most of Underrail's files (such as your saves' global.dat for editing) through a simple drag & drop interface. Many thanks to MichaelBurge for his work on Underrail file format and the original Underrail-unpacker.
Tip: If you're only looking for a way to mass unpack files without a need to repack them or check their version, normal archivers such as 7zip will do the trick.
- "fixed" the buildtool to emulate Underrail's rounding errors (this should correct the remaining rare cases where a skill was off by 1 point)
- moved buildtool from root to /build/ (old build ID links will redirect to it)
- underrail.info.tm now has a front page for all these links
As always, let me know if you have any suggestions or questions, or if you find anything that seems to be wrong/broken.